Friday, July 20, 2012

Led Zeppelin: 1969-07-20 Cleveland, OH (FLAC_AUD 2nd Gen_1 CD)

Here's another Led Zeppelin show for the day.  This one is from a Cleveland show 43 years ago today.  This one is sourced from the master reel-to-reel recording to a second generation cassette tape that was then digitally transferred.  It's a good sounding show.

The show has a great crowd with no chatter going on.  And the band puts on an excellent show too.  During "White Summer/Black Mountain Side", close to the end, the left channel drops out for a little bit (a few minutes).  And "You Shook Me" is cut just a little short of the ending.  This show would make an excellent remastering project, and with just a little cleanup, it could sound much better (not that it sounds bad).  I may try to remaster this one myself later.

I left the original text file for this show intact (other than correcting a misspelled word and renaming of the file) :-)  It doesn't really give any more explanation than I just did, but I left for those curious people (like myself) who might want it.

DETAILS:
Artist: Led Zeppelin
Date: July 20th, 1969
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
Venue: Musicarnival
Source: AUD
Format: FLAC
CD: 1
Artwork: Yes
Label: none
Title: 20-Jul-69 Cleveland
Size: 368 MB
Quality: B (with a little hiss removal it could be a B+ easily)

SETLIST:
01. Train Kept A Rollin'
02. I can't Quit You Baby
03. Dazed And Confused
04. White Summer/Black Mountain Side
05. You Shook Me
06. How Many More Times

As the original uploader's text file states, this is probably an incomplete show.  But it is a good sounding show and John Paul Jones' bass is strong and clean in this recording.  I really enjoyed this show the first (and every) time I heard it.

LINK:
1969-07-20 Cleveland, OH (AUD 2nd Gen)

Enjoy the show...

Bootradr

2012-07-21 UPDATE:  I received a reply from another forum I posted this show on from a guy that was at the show.  He said the show was cut short by Led Zeppelin due to the rowdy crowd.  You cannot tell this from listening to the recording, but it appears this was the full setlist for this show.


No comments:

Post a Comment