Sunday, July 22, 2012

Rik Emmett: 2000-07-22 Dallas, TX (FLAC_Bootradr Master AUD_2 CD)

Here's a show I recorded on 2000-07-22 of Rik Emmett at Poor David's Pub in Dallas, Texas with my friend digitaljourney.  I tried to get it uploaded before it became 12 years and 1 day ago today, but no such luck this time.  This is uncirculated to the best of my recollection.  I made a copy for digitaljourney, so it might be in circulation somewhere.  But I don't think it is.

LINEAGE:
(1. 2000) Master Sony MD-70 recorder with a Sony ECM-917 microphone > transferred to PC via analog cable (no digital output on unit) @ 44.1 kHz, 16 bit audio > tracked with Adaptec CD Creator 5 (or some similar name...no longer have it)  > CD  >
(2. 2012) tracks fade in/out. named, and converted to FLAC with Roxio Media Creator Pro 9 > you

DETAILS:
Artist: Rik Emmett
Date: July 22th, 2000
Location: Dallas, Texas
Venue: Poor David's Pub
Source: AUD (Master)
Format: FLAC
CD's: 2
Artwork: No (I have some show photos of Rik Emmett, my ticket stub he signed, but no "artwork")
Label: Bootradr Master
Title: Hold On To Your Boots
Size: 903 MB

SETLIST:
CD 1:
101. Accentuation
102. Little Boy Blues
103. Petite Elude
104. Lay It On The Line
105. Taste Of Steel
106. Dig A Little Deeper
107. Ordinary Man
108. The Last Goodbye
109. Blown Fuse
110. Fantasy Serenade
111. Magic Power

CD 2:
201. need to get title
202. Melancholy Moon
203. All Thumbs
204. Rik talking/Happy Birthday
205. Out Of The Blue
206. Mr. Bebop
207. Midsummer's Daydream
208. Hold On
209. Suitcase Blues
210. Say Goodbye
211. Fandango

LINKS:
Part 1 - 2000-07-20 Dallas, TX (Bootradr's Master)
Part 2 - 2000-07-20 Dallas, TX (Bootradr's Master)

Dime Torrent - http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-details.php?id=414000 
NOTE: I created a torrent and posted it on Dime while waiting for FileFactory to correctly upload Part 1 (it did on the 3rd try, 6 hours later).  If your a Dime member, you'll know what to do.  If not, sign up for a free account and READ THE RULES.  Keep your sharing ratio at 0.25% or higher so as to not get banned.  It's a much faster download almost always!  Here's the link...and back to the original blog post now...

I haven't listened to this show in about 11 years. It took my two hours just to find the darn thing. Back in the day (2000), you didn't archive large files on your home PC. You didn't have the storage and the external drives were not exactly big :-) So you burned it to CD, and then you tried to store it in an orderly fashion in CD cases.  And then you deleted it from the PC. Those who have been traders since those days and before will recall trading shows with other collectors by snail mail ONLY because we didn't have anything but dial-up internet at home in those days (at least most of us didn't).

As collections of shows kept growing, many shows were (and are) temporarily lost in the CD cases. I came across a few gems I'd forgotten about in the process of looking for these two CDs.

Oh yea, and I gave Rik Emmett two bootlegs and got him to sign one of mine after the show when we met him.  At the beginning of the show, the announcer mentions Triumph playing years ago in Dallas' Reunion arena.  That just happened to be one of the boots I gave him :-)

And that's the story on this one :-)

Anyhow, I hope you enjoy the show...

Bootradr




4 comments:

  1. The link for part 2 does not work.
    I downloaded part 1 just fine.

    Thanks,

    ReplyDelete
  2. I re-uploading link 2 right now (2012-07-30). Thanks for letting me know...

    Bootradr

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perhaps this show is cursed...
    I downloaded the new link for part 2
    but when I try to decompress the entire show,
    I get an error on Disc 2 Track 1. All other files came out OK. Any chance of an upload of just Disc 2 Track 1 ? (I did keep part 1 and was trying to decompress the whole thing, not just the files in the 2nd RAR file)

    Thanks either way,
    I was thrilled to hear what I did get!
    I most certainly do appreciate your efforts to share this show.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think what has likely happened is your folder name is too long and when you extract the files the path exceeds 260 characters. I just checked everything again today, on this shows' 14th anniversary now, and it all works perfectly fine.

    If the WinRAR message mentions "260 characters" in the message you get, then what I mentioned definitely is the reason you're having the problem.

    If you still are having an issue let me know exactly what the error message says and/or do a Google search on it. But I am sure the files are 100% intact and working properly.

    I'm happy to help if you can let me know what the message you get in WinRAR :-) Good luck The Dude...!

    ReplyDelete