Monday, August 6, 2012

Garbage: 2012-04-22 Frisco, TX (Bootradr Master AUD Shot DVD)

While Edgefest 22 (22nd year) in the D/FW metroplex had a terrible line up of bands this year, two bands stood out and I considered enjoyable.  All others were a total waste of time.  Evanescence and Garbage put on good shows, and as would be expected, their performances came at the end of the day/night.

There were a few issues with recording both bands.  The wind was blowing pretty good and I did not remember to bring my foam microphone guard to place over the Zoom H4n microphones.  So, on both shows, the Zoom H4n did not get a good recording.  I was also recording with a Zoom H2 and it didn't do any better of a job because it was in standby mode (I messed up).

This event was held in the FC Dallas Stadium/Pizza Hut Park Stadium venue.  Picture an outdoor American football stadium and you know what the venue looked like.  The sound on the north stage, the one Garbage played on, was the better sounding stage (or the main stage).  However, with the Zoom H4n's audio not being good enough to overdub on this video, and with the Sony camera's microphone not being good for recording concerts, there is some crackling throughout a lot of the show that I can't do anything about.  It's not the record popping, loud type, but it annoys me that it's there.

So here's a rundown on the Garbage show details, DVD details, and lineage details.

SHOW DETAILS:
Location: Frisco, Texas
Venue: FC Dallas Stadium/Pizza Hut Park Stadium
Event: Edgefest 22 (2012)
Date: April 22nd, 2012
Label: Bootradr Master
Title: Garbage - In The Can

SETLIST:
01. The Edge FM opening and Mayor of Frisco's proclamation
02. Push It
03. I think I'm Paranoid
03. Stupid Girl
04. Special (false start/out of tune)
05. Special
06. I Would Die For You
07. Blood For Poppies
08. Vow
09. Only Happy When It Rains
10. Why Do You Love Me

DVD ATTRIBUTES:
Format: NTSC
Frames: 29.97 fps
Video Codec: MPEG-2
Aspect Ratio: 16:9 (Widescreen)
Video Bitrate: 9100 kbps average
Audio Streams: 1
Audio Codec: AC3
Audio Bitrate: 256 kbps
Menus: No
Chapters: Yes (each song)
Length: 44 minutes, 54 seconds
DVD Size: 2.53 GB

EQUIPMENT USED RECORDING SHOWS:
(1) Sony DCR-SR85 Handycam with Carl Zeiss lens
(2) Zoom H4n Digital Recorder (recorded @ 96 kHz 24 bit audio)
(3) Zoom H2 Digital Recorder (recorded @ 48 kHz 24 bit audio)

LINEAGE:
Master Sony DCR-SR85 video camera hard drive > transferred to PC via USB cable > Adobe Premiere Pro CE5 > Trader's Little Helper

FileFactory Links:
Part 1 - http://www.filefactory.com/file/9pngndryinf/
Part 2 - http://www.filefactory.com/file/1vpz6z7xso6p/
Part 3 - http://www.filefactory.com/file/74xy4gvmegel/
Part 4 - http://www.filefactory.com/file/42p6q2oda9up/

Dime Torrent - http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-details.php?id=415558
NOTE: I created a torrent and posted it on Dime.  If your a Dime member, you'll know what to do.  If not, sign up for a free account and READ THE RULES.  Go to http://www.dimeadozen.org for their home page.  And remember to keep your sharing ratio at 0.25% or higher so as to not get banned.  It's a much faster download almost always!  Now, back to the original blog post.

I tried to build a regular DVD with Adobe Premiere Pro CE5.  I wanted one with menus and other features.  But being new to this program, I ran into issues that I still haven't resolved.  So in the long run, I just created the DVD without menus but I did add chapters between each song.  Even though a cheaper program I have, AVS, would allow me to do all the things I wanted to do, I didn't want to use it this time because I'd have to output the audio as mp2 (instead of the original AC3) and the resolution/picture quality is better with Adobe's program.

I never use digital zoom because it messes up video.  And I didn't use it here either.  But the picture does get more blurry, due to distance from the stage in the stadium seats, as the day turns to night in the show.  I didn't have issue with people in front of me or talking around me.  That's a plus!

It was a great show that Garbage put on.  And for fans, you should easily be able to enjoy this show.  But it does have it's imperfections and isn't the production I'd hoped to be able to make.

Enjoy the show...

Bootradr


No comments:

Post a Comment