Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Today in Music History: October 2nd, XXXX

I was just looking at this video I'm posting earlier today.  It is still unedited and on analog transferred DVD-RWs and the master Mini-DV tapes (for a future digital transfer when I can scrounge up what I need to do it).

Earlier today, as I was looking at one of the videos below, I was thinking "how long ago did I film this show"?  The answer was right in front of my eyes.  Tonight, it is two years ago today...and therefore, we have a today in history posting :-)

Since I've been busy with other things lately and haven't been able to do much uploading, I thought it was time for a "Today in Music History" post to show some activity.  It shouldn't be too long before I can start putting more shows up.

Also, from my boot vaults, and of course today in music history, (1) Led Zeppelin performed at Budokan Hall in Tokyo, Japan (1972) and (2) Evanescence played their Rock in Rio show in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil on the tour for their new, self titled album "Evanescence" (2011).  And last, but not least, (3) I saw and video taped (and digital audio recorded with two sources) Sara Bareilles two years ago today at the Palladium Ballroom in Dallas, TX (2010).

Even though I haven't begun to create a DVD project yet with my Sara Bareilles video and audio, I did upload two sets of a compilation of a few songs from the show that I made for my YouTube channel (Bootradr).

When the DVD project of Sara's show is complete, it won't have any of these edits (transitional effects between songs and title's at the bottom of the screen).  I don't believe in cluttering up full length productions like that.  It's bad enough crunching the quality down to make them "web friendly" for viewing :-)



So, I hope you enjoy the previews (7 songs) from a future DVD to come (no telling when).  It's late and I'm going to bed now...

Bootradr

No comments:

Post a Comment