Thursday, November 8, 2012

Bob Seger And The Silver Buller Band: 1978-12-01 Chicago, IL (FLAC_AUD_2 CD)

This a a very good recording of the Bob Seger and the Silver Bullet Band show from Chicago Stadium in 1978.  The recording is very good but had the tape hiss that many bootleggers got in their recordings during the "tape days".  I took the liberty of remastering (slightly) the audio and removing as much hiss as I could and then working with some other audio tools to reinstate the more full, vibrant, and live show experience sound.  It definitely sounds better now than it did with the hiss.  The hiss seldom can be completely removed, but it can be cleaned up in most cases, and this is an example of that.

DETAILS:
Artist: Bob Seger and the Silver Bullet Band
Date: December 1st, 1978
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Venue: Chicago Stadium
Source: AUD
Format: FLAC
CD: 2
Artwork: Yes
Label: none
Title: Ice Cold Chicago
Size: 809 MB
Length: Approximately 1 hour, 52 minutes

SETLIST:
CD 1:
101. Ain't Got No Money
102. Rock And Roll Never Forgets
103. Travelin' Man
104. Beautiful Loser
105. Turn The Page
106. Still The Same
107. Main Street
108. Come To Poppa
109. Old Time Rock And Roll
110. Mary Lou

CD 2:
201. Nutbush City Limits
202. Feel Like A Number
203. We've Got Tonight
204. Perfect Strangers
205. Fire Down Below
206. Famous Final Scene
207. Ramblin' Gamblin' Man
208. Night Moves
209. Hollywood Nights
210. Let It Rock

LINKS:
Part 1 - 1978-12-01 Chicago, IL (AUD)
Part 2 - 1978-12-01 Chicago, IL (AUD)

The song that got me to listening to Bob Seger in the 1980's was "Night Moves".  It takes me to a special place and time in my mind.  I remember living outside of Houston and having just broken up with my girlfriend, Sheil Sargent, because she was "running around".  I was young and really hurting and decided to go outside, turn on my Chevelle's  stereo, and just sit outside listening to the radio in the nighttime environment.  It was one of those fall nights where it was getting cold, but that was the perfect setting for the mood I was in too.  I could hear a train off in the distance and the sky was flickering lightning too but it was not raining.  Just then, I really heard for the first time (I'd heard the song many times before) the lyrics...

"I woke last night to the sound of thunder,
How far off I sat and wondered,
Starting humming a song from 1962 (I substituted it for 1982),
Ain't it funny how the night moves,
When you just don't seem to have as much to lose,
Ain't it strange how the night moves...with autumn closing in"

Those lyrics, to this day, remind me of that cool night out front of my house and how they spoke just what I was feeling.

I never have collected a lot of Bob Seger music, but he was/is a talented artist and he definitely had some music that hit home at times.

Anyhow; now that I've told you my life's story, I hope you enjoy the rest of the show... :-)

Bootradr


No comments:

Post a Comment