Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Feist: 2012-03-15 Frankfurt, Germany (FLAC_AUD_2 CD)

Here's another great Feist show from her 2012 Metals Tour.  I took the original files and created a remastering process/project of my own.

SHOW DETAILS:
Artist: Feist
Date: March 15th, 2012
Location: Frankfurt, Germany
Venue: Jahrhunderthalle
Source: AUD
Format: FLAC
CD: 2
Artwork: Yes
Label: none
Title: Feist - Live In der Jahrhunderthalle, 15 Martz 2012
Size: 810 MB
Length: Approximately 2 hours, 5 minutes

LINEAGE:
(1-original files) Recorded with an iRiver H120 & a Sony ECM-719 microphone @ 44.1 kHz/16 bit audio > Wavelab 5 (for tracking and audio level adjustment) > encoded as FLAC level 8 with Trader's Little Helper > uploaded to Dime for distribution >
(2-my remastering) took original files and used Media Creator 2010 Pro to EQ, normalize +4, Denoise Threshold -30 db & Noise Intensity of 2, Excite +40, and rename tracks > Trader's Little Helper for ffp & md5 checksum files > you

SETLIST:
CD 1:
01. How Come You Never Go There
02. A Commotion
03. Graveyard
04. The Circle Married The Line
05. Mushaboom
06. Anti-Pioneer
07. Feist talking
08. So Sorry
09. The Bad In Each Other
10. My Moon My Man
11. I Feel It All
12. Sealion
13. Mountain Man

CD 2:
01. Comfort Me
02. Undiscovered First
03. Caught A Long Wind
04. Get It Wrong Get It Right
05. The Limit To Your Love
06. Pine Moon
07. Let It Die
08. When I Was A Young Girl
09. Secret Heart
10. Intuition

LINKS:
(1) 2012-03-15 Frankfurt, Germany (AUD Master)
(2) 2012-03-15 Frankfurt, Germany (AUD Master)

This, as with all her shows, is another great performance by Feist and her band.  The length of this show is about 25 minutes longer than when I saw her four months earlier in Dallas.  She performs a few extra songs that I don't think made it into her setlist in other shows (at least not often) during the 2011/2012 Metals Tour.

At one point she calls out a bootlegger filming the show and takes their camera and films the audience before giving it back to the person.  She has always been camera shy (I cannot figure out why) and that has been mentioned by her as well as reviewers in articles.

My reasons for remastering the audio were simply to fit my listening "likes".  The original files sounded great and I just wanted to try and make it a little better.  There is some hiss in the original files that I could not remove without damaging the overall sound in the end, but it is nothing too bad and it doesn't take away from the show either.  I cleaned it up as much as I was able to.

A special thanks goes out to "Millslane" for recording the show and sharing it and to "Pilgerman" for creating the artwork for the 2 CD set.  I like to see projects like this one where like-minded people join together to help each other out!

Enjoy the show...

Bootradr


No comments:

Post a Comment