Sunday, May 26, 2013

Journey: 2013-05-22 Newcastle, United Kingdom (FLAC_AUD_2 CD)

Here's Journey's show from four nights ago on their European leg of their current tour.  The setlist seems to be the same as their Australian leg of the same tour back in March in that they play the same era of Journey's songs. However, this may be the first show I've noticed without "Anyway You Want It"?

Journey does add "Chain Reaction" and "Be Good To Yourself" to this show's setlist.  But they drop "Anyway You Want It", "Who's Crying Now", and "Separate Ways (Worlds Apart)" it looks like.  And they have Dean Castronovo, the drummer, singing a few songs too.  They had Dean sing a few songs in recent years.  And Dean has done an excellent job  as far back as 2002 on the songs Journey no longer plays from the earlier "Steve Perry era" Journey songs.  But still, there is nothing like "Patiently" or "Winds of March" in this show.  I'm thinking they may never do these old, great classics again.  But I'm hoping I'm wrong too.

Thanks to "Soreballs" for recording and uploading this show.

LINEAGE:
SP-CMC-2 > SP-SPSB-11(16Hz) > Sony PCM-M10 > Adobe Audition 3/GoldWave > TLH FLAC level 8

DETAILS:
Artist: Journey
Date: May 22nd, 2013
Location: Newcastle, United Kingdom
Venue: MetroRadio Arena

Source: AUD
Format: FLAC
CD's: 2
Artwork: no (I included a concert poster and another Journey image)
Label: none
Title: none
Size: 495 MB

SETLIST:

CD 1:
101. intro
102. Separate Ways (Worlds Apart)
103. Chain Reaction

104. Ask The Lonely
105.
Only The Young
106. Stone In Love
107. Keep On Runnin'

108. Edge Of The Blade
109. Lights

CD 2:
201. Jonathan Cain intro/Open Arms
202.
Dead Or Alive
203. Escape
204. Neal Schon guitar intro/Wheel In The Sky
205. Be Good To Yourself
206. Faithfully
207. Don't Stop Believin'

FileFactory Links:
Part 1 - http://www.filefactory.com/file/2ckoujff06bh/
Part 2 - http://www.filefactory.com/file/4lu5nrfm1wv5/
Part 3 - http://www.filefactory.com/file/oubvkredn5d/

The original uploader noted that both Thunder and Whitesnake, the two opening bands, had much better and louder sound.  I've been to Journey shows where the opening acts were the same way (louder and cleaner) too.  However, this a very good recording of the Journey show and one that can easily be enjoyed.  Journey's setlist and length of their concert time (or playing time) seems to be shorter than it is in the United States though.  This was almost a 1 CD show.  But it ran into the 82+ minute point and that made it a 2 CD show.

As big of a fan as I am of Journey, I'm really wanting them to change up their setlist and start doing some songs they haven't donw since the 1970's - 1980's.  They need to do this for the fans.  Personally, I could care less if someone not as familiar with their music doesn't recognize "Lady Luck", "Something To Hide", etc.  And even if the singer, Arnel Pineda at the time, can't hit the notes Steve Perry did in years gone by, I don't care.  I want to hear these songs and many more from a period of superb Journey music.

And I'd love to hear the pre-Perry era stuff too like "On A Saturday Night" or "Of A Lifetime".  Journey's 2005 tour, their 35th anniversary, 3 CD's worth of music tour, did just that.  And it was much better especially for the fans like me who've stayed with them and been to every concert in my area (and many out of my area) since they started touring again in 1998.

I'd like to also hear some of the songs from the Steve Augeri era of Journey too.  They made some excellent CD's and played many of the songs from them in the years during and after 1998.  But since last year at least, it has been the same songs in almost the same order.  And don't misunderstand me.  I love the songs they're still doing.  But I want to hear a change (or "Change For The Better"...a good, strong song) in songs they play every show.  The fans wouldn't mind if Journey played longer shows to get as many of the old and new songs in as possible.  I guess we'll see what happens when they get back home and start touring the United States again.  I'm still waiting to hear "Winds of March" too!

As always, I hope you enjoy the show...

Bootradr

No comments:

Post a Comment