Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Rush: 1978-12-02 Detroit, MI (FLAC_SB_2 CD)

Here is another excellent Rush show from their Hemispheres Tour in 1978.  This one is also a sopundboard recording and the full show too.  It sounds excellent.  It borders on superb, and after listening to it again later today, I may come back and upgrade it to superb here.  I don't know the full story on this show and the previously uploaded 197811-20 Tucson show less than two weeks earlier, but they sound a lot alike.  I don't mean they are the same show because they are not.  But the quality and soundboard recording has the same or very similar mixes.  I'm guessing here, but I wonder if someone from the Rush camp got hold of these and made them available many years ago.  Who knows, but a lot of shows from this time period of Rush concerts sound this way and I don't think it's a coincidence either.

DETAILS:
Band: Rush
Location: Detroit, Michigan
Venue: Cobo Hall
Date: December 2nd, 1978
Format: FLAC
CD's: 2
Source: SB
Label: Digital Rush Experience
Title: The Buenas Nochas! Motor City
Artwork: Yes
Size:792 MB

SETLIST:
CD 1:
101. introduction
102. Anthem
103. A Passage To Bangkok
104. By-Tor And The Snow Dog
105. Xanadu
106. Something For Nothing
107. The Trees
108. Cygnus X-1
109. Hemispheres
110. Closer To The Heart

CD 2:
201. Circumstances
202. A Farewell To Kings
203. La Villa Strangiato
204. 2112
205. Working Man
206. Bastille Day
207. In The Mood
208. Neil Pert (drum solo)

FileFactory Links:
Part 1 - http://www.filefactory.com/file/2vbume80x3ph/
Part 2 - http://www.filefactory.com/file/7fanu9i1es1p/

There are no interruptions due to crowds crushing people or making the stage start to collapse in this show as in the 1978 Tucson, Arizona show.  At least if there were any, nobody said anything about it.  The band, as always, plays a superb show and they do so impeccably too.

I don't really have a lot more to say about the show because it's been a long time since I've listened to it.  But once I get a few things done today, I'm planning on cranking it up and listening again later.  In fact, I may upload a 1974 Rush show a little later if I have time and I'd like to listen to it again first too because it's been too many years since I have.  We'll see how much time I have to do what I want to do today :-)

Enjoy the show...

Bootradr

SPECIAL NOTICE TO ALL!!!

THESE DOWNLOADS ARE FOR FREE ONLY!  NEVER BUY OR SELL ANY LEGALLY RECORDED BUT ILLEGAL TO SELL SHOWS LIKE THIS ONE.  THIS IS FOR FANS AND FUTURE FANS WHO WANT TO HEAR THE ARTIST'S MUSIC RAW & LIVE BUT NOT OFFICIALLY AVAILABLE OR RELEASED.

ALWAYS REMEMBER TO SUPPORT THE ARTISTS BY BUYING THEIR OFFICIALLY RELEASED MATERIAL.

KEEP IT FREE, KEEP IT AVAILABLE, AND MOST OF ALL; KEEP IT LEGAL!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment