Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Journey: 2006-07-29 Dallas, TX (FLAC_Bootradr Master AUD_2 CD)

Here's another show I recorded over 7 years ago and it has been in very low circulation.  This is one I'd sort of lost in the sea of hard drives.  And there are many other uncirculated shows and recordings I've recorded too of Journey and other bands that were "when I can see better" or "when I have time" projects that never got completed.  These are all gems to me because I was there recording them.  But they're also pains in the butt when trying to locate and determine, confirm, research, and whatever else is entailed in getting shows ready and making sure they're not already out there too.

This is a unique show because it was Journey with their new "temporary" singer.  Every time I think of this show I think of the lyrics to Journey's "Edge of the Blade" song that say "I've heard rumors all around, contracts and lawyers, champagne downtown, tell me me what you think you want me to do...".  Well, I've heard stories and rumors from people that supposedly know and from people who were actually a part of the transitioning stage of Journey's singers spanning from Steve Augeri, to Jeff Scott Soto (this concert's singer), to the current singer Arenel Pineda.  And no matter what story I've heard or what the truth is, Journey wasn't being nice it sounds like to their singers as they were trying to keep, find, replace, or whatever them.  But, since this is not something I care to get into or can say with 100% certainty is the truth, I'm not going to spread any rumors myself.

Anyhow, in this show that was more or less halfway through the tour, Journey's singer Steve Augeri was gone and Jeff Scott Soto, a name I'd never heard, was in.  I was not expecting much as we arrived at the show, but man, I was pleasantly surprised.  Jeff Scott Soto did an awesome job.  And then he was gone as soon as the tour ended.  There are other fan recorded shows with Jeff Scott Soto singing with Journey, but there aren't too many.

LINEAGE:
(1. 2006) Sony MD70 recorder @ 44.1 kHz, 16 bit WAV audio with a Sony ECM-917 external microphone > transferred to PC via an analog (stereo) cable (no digital output on recorder) > tracked with fade in/outs and named using Easy Media Creator 5 > burned to my master CD-R's & stored on external PC hard drive in WAV format >
(2. 2013-12-31) Master WAV files stored on hard drive > Trader's Little Helper (for md5 and ffp file creation, testing for MPEG and SBE's...neither found, for encoding to FLAC 6, and for torrent files creation and verification > you

DETAILS:
Artist: Journey
Date: July 29th, 2006
Location: Dallas, Texas
Venue: Smirnoff Music Centre
Source: AUD Master
Format: FLAC
CDs: 2
Artwork: No (Just my ticket scan...feel free to make some high resolution art and share it here)
Label: Bootradr Master
Title: A Journey Without A Steve
Size: 516 MB
Length: 79.57.72

SETLIST:
01. Star Spangled Banner
02.
Stone In Love
03. Ask The Lonely
04. Wheel In The Sky
05. Keep On Runnin'
06. Edge Of The Blade
07. Who's Crying Now
08. Chain Reaction
09. Lights
10.
Jonathan Cain piano intro into Open Arms
11. Open Arms
12.
Lovin', Touchin', Squeezin'
13. Escape
14. Dead Or Alive
15. Faithfully
16. Don't Stop Believin'

17. Anyway You Want It
18.
Separate Ways (Worlds Apart)

LINK:
(1) 2006-07-29 Dallas, TX (Bootradr Master AUD)

Dime Torrent - http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-details.php?id=477170
NOTE: I created a torrent and posted it on Dime.  If your a Dime member, you'll know what to do.  If not, sign up for a free account and READ THE RULES.  Go to http://www.dimeadozen.org for their home page.  And remember to keep your sharing ratio at 0.25% or higher so as to not get banned.  It's a much faster download almost always!  Now, back to the original blog post.


This was the Def Leppard and Journey tour and I did record both shows of course. My buddy, Digital Journey, some other friends, and I went to this show and it is the first show I've seen Journey being the opening band in. They've always been the headlining act, but in this case, Def Leppard was.

I had forgotten all about Deen Castronovo singing "Who's Crying Now" and "Faithfully" in this show. These are two songs I don't think he ever sang live, before or after this half tour with Jeff Scott Soto on lead vocals, in any of the many other Journey shows I've seen. Since 2004 I believe, Deen, Journey's drummer by the way, has performed the lead vocals on just a few of the higher note songs from the earlier Steve Perry era that Journey rarely ever plays.  Deen was singing the 1981 Escape song "Still They Ride" in 2009 and and the 1980 Departure song "Precious Time" in 2004 I know.  But I'd never heard him sing the 1981 Escape album's "Who's Crying Now" or the 1983 Frontiers album's "Faithfully".  These more well known hits have always (at least in the past and through 2012) been performed by the band's lead singer.  Deen may sing more songs in this show?  I just caught these two songs as I was preparing this upload and it has been too many years since I've listened to this show (I plan to today once again) all the way through.


I hope you enjoy this more rare era of Journey, a short-lived era with Jeff Scott Soto on vocals, and there will be more to follow as I get time to put them up.  Happy New Year...

Bootradr

SPECIAL NOTICE TO ALL!!!

THESE DOWNLOADS ARE FOR FREE ONLY!  NEVER BUY OR SELL ANY LEGALLY RECORDED BUT ILLEGAL TO SELL SHOWS LIKE THIS ONE.  THIS IS FOR FANS AND FUTURE FANS WHO WANT TO HEAR THE ARTIST'S MUSIC RAW & LIVE BUT NOT OFFICIALLY AVAILABLE OR RELEASED.

ALWAYS REMEMBER TO SUPPORT THE ARTISTS BY BUYING THEIR OFFICIALLY RELEASED MATERIAL & MERCHANDISE TOO.

KEEP IT FREE, KEEP IT AVAILABLE, AND MOST OF ALL; KEEP IT LEGAL!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment