Wednesday, December 11, 2013

SPECIAL NOTICE: Here We Go Again!!! Hotfile Shut Down By US Governmement

2015-01-14 UPDATE: Hot file had been doing and allowing illegal materials on the website so that is why they were shut down.  I still have a ton of Hotfile links in my older posts, but as I get to them I delete them.  You just never really know what your file sharing site is doing or allowing in reality.  If you have a reason to be suspicious of a site, which I did NOT at the time I signed up for a Premium Account on Hotfile, I recommend not ever getting a paid account with that site.  I'm looking at other mirror sites still and hope to eventually have another site or two for using as mirrors and uploading the shows to also.  But things are tight lately, so I have no idea when this might be or even if it will be.

This is really getting old!  It appears that the United States government has shut down Hotfile for whatever reasons not explained on Hotfile's website.  Wheter Hotfile was doing anything illegal or not, I don't know right now.  But they have been shut down and that means all of my Hotfile links will no longer work.  Keep your fingers crossed they don't shut down all file sharing sites.

I'm going out of town for a while and will look into another backup file sharing site once I get home.  But until then, I no longer have a backup site.  I'm sorry for the inconvenience and I'm ticked by either the federal government's ignorance or by Hotfile letting illegal material (copyrighted I'm guessing) on their site.

I make zero dollars with this site, I block advertising, and I ask for no money ever.  So, not being a person who can just pick a new site every time one gets shut down, it may be a while before I can budget a new backup site in?

But one thing is for sure.  Nothing will ever stop me or the many other legal sharing traders/collectors from continuing on.  We will continue sharing and trading even if we have to go back to doing it by mail in the long run...

Bootradr
2013-12-11

3 comments:

  1. " Wheter Hotfile was doing anything illegal or not, I don't know right now."

    LOL....,!! Well, apparently they do.. They paid 80 million dollars and agreed to shut their site down for good. They'd have surely fought it if they thought they had a leg to stand on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, thanks for the information Aaron. I keep meaning to look online and see what the story is but I've been busy with Christmas events and planning a trip for a few weeks and haven't done so. If they are guilty, then I should (but won't) receive a refund check!

    I guess it's like a roll of the dice with these file sharing sites. The only problem is I keep losing... :-)

    ReplyDelete