Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Jimi Hendrix: 1969-02-24 London, England (FLAC_SB_2 CD)

I've been a huge Hendrix fan through the years, but for some unknown reason, I haven't even uploaded one of his shows here yet.  There's just no excuse for that!

I was convinced this show I'm uploading was and officially released recording because of its intense, superb sound.  But after seeing it again lately on a trading/sharing site, I looked it up and it hasn't ever been released.  I saw on Amazon's site where it is listed as an "unauthorized release" (i.e. a bootleg) and it isn't available to purchase.  There are people and businesses that will sell these, and that is what is illegal.  But this superb soundboard is legal to share unless they do release it someday.  I personally hope they don't ever release it because it doesn't get much better than this version.  Plus, then you'd have to buy it (or get is somewhere else besides here) because I'd have to pull it and it would no longer be free.

Another thing that should interest Hendrix fans is the first three tracks on CD 1.  They are superb afternoon soundchecks before the show that night. 

LINEAGE:
Purple Haze Records silver CD's > EAC > FLAC > me > Trader's Little Helper (for md5 and ffp file verifications and for testing for lossiness and for SBE's...neither found) > you


DETAILS:
Artist: Jimi Hendrix Experience
Date: February 24th, 1969
Location: London, England
Venue: Royal Albert Hall
Source: SB
Format: FLAC
CD's: 2
Artwork: Yes (plus a collage or rare Hendrix photos in download too)
Label: Purple Haze Records (HAZE007)
Title: An Evening With The Jimi Hendrix Experience
Size: 642 MB


SETLIST:
CD 1:
101. Hear My Train A Comin' (afternoon soundcheck)
102. Room Full Of Mirrors
(afternoon soundcheck)
103. Bleeding Heart (afternoon soundcheck)
104. concert into
105. Lover Man
106. Stone Free
107. Hear My Train A Comin'
108. I Don't Live Today
109. Red House
110. Foxy Lady


CD 2:
201. Sunshine Of You Love
202. Bleeding Heart
203. Fire
204. Little Wing
205. Voodoo Chile (Slight Return)
206. Room Full Of Mirrors
207. Purple Haze
208. Wild Thing
209. Star Spangled Banner


FileFactory Links:
Part 1 - LINKS REMOVED BY BOOTRADR.  SEE END OF POST FOR REASON!
Part 2 -
LINKS REMOVED BY BOOTRADR.  SEE END OF POST FOR REASON!

I have a few excellent video sources for this show that are pro shot too.  They all are incomplete and are missing a few songs as well as they have some interview tracks in between songs.  While that is cool, I hate it when artists interrupt a show to throw in interview segments.  I want to see the concert and then add the interviews at the end.  One specific pro shot DVD adds missing tracks in the audio format at the end of the show under the "Bonus" area of the DVD.  That means the songs are not in order of course, but at least it has the extra songs but apparently without any video.  The sound is excellent and the video is too on this better of the two DVD choices I'm mentioning.  But the audio in this 2 CD set is much more superior and it really sounds like an officially released, store bought type of item.  This is what threw me off for a while and the reason I've waited until not to share the show (after confirmeing it hasn't been released...it just sounds like it should have been).

I was doing research before this upload and noticed in 2010 there was talk about officially releasing the show on DVD.  But it hasn't happened yet, and my guess is, it probably never will.  But if it does get officially released, then I'll pull it from my site if I elect to upload it.  Let me know if you want it and it'll help me make my mind up!

Since the original uploader took the time to add the ffp and md5 files, as well as name the tracks too, I'm not doing anything other than posting the show and making it available to you.  I already mentioned in the lineage I checked the files for CDDA (lossless CD standard 44.1 kHz/16 bit audio properties) vs. MPEG (lossy qualities).  As with many Trader's Little Helper MPEG/CDDA tests, not every track shows to be CDDA.  But this is a common error with TLH and there are many factors that can cause a few false readings.  Most all of the tracks tested as CDDA sourced with a rare exception of a track or two on the CD's.  Believe me when I say this show and file set are highly unlikely to possess any lossless (loss of discernible audio from compression...i.e. the reason I hate mp3, otherwise known as MPEG, audio) properties.  I'm not going to take an extra hour and check the false reading tracks because those who take the time to confirm a recording's source audio know this is a normal flaw that can occur (and does too often at times) withing TLH.  If you doubt the validity of any of the tracks, then get Audacity, sample a mid section of about 30 seconds of the songs you might wonder about, and read the frequency grapsh (FA = frequency analysis and SA = spectral analysis).  It's a good thing to learn how to do anyhow if you really like your music and want to confirm it is CDDA (or not) material.

This is a long show.  So if you download it, make sure you're set to jam out for at least two hours or more and play it LOUD...

2014-12-28 UPDATE:  After talking with a friend of mine that's a big Hendrix fan also, I did some more research and found that the Royal Albert Hall 1969-02-24 show has been partially released.  The following link on Wikipedia will explain things.  And due to this fact, I'm pulling the links from this performance completely.  I'm not going to cut this complete version of the show and start removing tracks.  In this case, there would only be 5 tracks left it appears.  When artists (or their family members, managers, or whoever) start doing these patch projects, I do not like that.  Put a full show up and let the paying fans enjoy it!  I'm sorry about this, but as I stated from the creation of this blog, if there is something officially released and it can be purchased, I'll pull links or never upload it from the beginning.  This one did slip by me in my research before the upload unfortunately, and now; I'm removing the links and their storage on my file sharing site.

To read the details on why, see Wikipedia's information at: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hendrix_in_the_West.


Bootradr

SPECIAL NOTICE TO ALL!!!

THESE DOWNLOADS ARE FOR FREE ONLY!  NEVER BUY OR SELL ANY LEGALLY RECORDED BUT ILLEGAL TO SELL SHOWS LIKE THIS ONE.  THIS IS FOR FANS AND FUTURE FANS WHO WANT TO HEAR THE ARTIST'S MUSIC RAW & LIVE BUT NOT OFFICIALLY AVAILABLE OR RELEASED.

ALWAYS REMEMBER TO SUPPORT THE ARTISTS BY BUYING THEIR OFFICIALLY RELEASED MATERIAL & MERCHANDISE TOO.

KEEP IT FREE, KEEP IT AVAILABLE, AND MOST OF ALL; KEEP IT LEGAL!!!



1 comment:

  1. LOL....!!! A lot of good it'll do you being a "good boy". They'll shut you down just the same. I say it doesn't really matter whether you leave them up or take them down. You give away what they sit on and don't want others to share in, and that's the way it'll always be.

    ReplyDelete