Sunday, March 16, 2014

Led Zeppelin: 1973-03-16 Vienna, Austria (FLAC_AUD/SB_2 CD)

This is an excellent sounding show Led Zeppelin did 41 years ago today.  This is the EVSD version I'm uploading and they did an excellent job on this audience/soundboard recording.  The audience recording itself is excellent and the soundboard part is on CD 2 and begins during the first part of "Stairway To Heaven".

I'm hoping to also upload my John Paul Jones show from 14 years ago today when I got to meet him and got a lot of excellent pictures during and after the show.  I'm ripping it with EAC right now (and have been for the last 30 hours).  It has some disc one errors that EAC is fixing and burning to my hard drive.  It's on the second from last track on the problem disc now, but that still means it is likely to be a while before it finishes the burn and error correction.  If I don't get it uploaded today, I will soon enough.

Anyhow, back to 41 years ago today and Led Zeppelin for now :-)

LINEAGE:
CD-R > EAC > FLAC > me > TLH

DETAILS:
Artist: Led Zeppelin
Date: March 16th, 1973
Location: Vienna, Atria
Venue: Stadthalle
Source: AUD/SB
Format: FLAC
CD's: 2
Artwork: Yes
Label: EVSD
Title: Happiness Is A Warm Gun
Size: 658 MB

SETLIST:
CD 1:
101. Rock And Roll
102. Over he Hills And Far Away
103. Black Dog
104. Misty Mountain Hop
105. Since I've Been Loving You
106. Dancing Days
107. Bron-Yr-Aur Stomp
108. The Song Remains The Same
109. The Rain Song

CD 2:
201. Dazed And Confused
202. Stairway To Heaven
203. Whole Lotta Love
204. Heartbreaker

LINKS:
(1) 1973-03-16 Vienna, Austria (AUD & SB Mix/EVSD)
(2) 1973-03-16 Vienna, Austria (AUD & SB Mix/EVSD)

There's only one thing I don't like about the European dates in Zeppelin's 1973 tour.  They weren't playing "No Quarter", one of my favorite songs, on this tour until they got to America and the shows became longer shows.

This is really a great sounding show both musically and audio-wise.  Whoever recorded it did a superb job and it is very evenly mixed.  It sounds like a soundboard after the taper got the settings and microphone set right.  The first song starts off a little distorted and bad sounding but that gets corrected almost instantly.  I'm listening to the show right now as I make this upload and it is one all Zeppelin fans should really enjoy.

I hope you enjoy the concert!  Until next time...

Bootradr

SPECIAL NOTICE TO ALL!!!

THESE DOWNLOADS ARE FOR FREE ONLY!  NEVER BUY OR SELL ANY LEGALLY RECORDED BUT ILLEGAL TO SELL SHOWS LIKE THIS ONE.  THIS IS FOR FANS AND FUTURE FANS WHO WANT TO HEAR THE ARTIST'S MUSIC RAW & LIVE BUT NOT OFFICIALLY AVAILABLE OR RELEASED.

ALWAYS REMEMBER TO SUPPORT THE ARTISTS BY BUYING THEIR OFFICIALLY RELEASED MATERIAL TOO.

 KEEP IT FREE, KEEP IT AVAILABLE, AND MOST OF ALL; KEEP IT LEGAL!!!


1 comment:

  1. I'm listening to an excellent "Source 3" recording of this show right now :-)

    ReplyDelete