Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Led Zeppelin: 1977-04-09 Chicago, IL (FLAC_AUD 1st Gen Source 2_1 CD)

This is one of three rare shows I can recall at the time of a Led Zeppelin show cut short due to sickness or weather.  Thirty-seven years ago today, Jimmy Page got sick and this third out of four nights of shows in Chicago was cut short after "Ten Years Gone" (nope, not "Sick Again").  I'm not sure if Jimmy Page puked on stage or just what happened, but the show ended.

Led Zeppelin played Chicago on April 6th, 7th, 9th, and 10th in 1977.  And this show, the only one cut short out of the four Chicago 1977 shows, is almost complete as far as the songs go and it is from the 9th.  It's been since last year when I listened to it last and I remember there is a cut in the mid part of "No Quarter" at least, but it is still around 19 minutes long too.

The sound is great on this recording too.  It's nothing spectacular as far a sound goes, but it definitely is great and very enjoyable.  I especially like the sound of "No Quarter" and "Ten Years Gone" even though there is some taper or audience talk in there.  It sounds like "the drugs" are mentioned as well as "taping" and "talking".  Who knows?  I guess you had to have been there and this is as close as most (if not all) of us will ever get to this show.

LINEAGE:
25 year old Source 2 1st Gen tape transfer of Maxell XLII 60 > WAV > FLAC > me > TLH (tested for lossiness & SBE's...neither found and tested supplied md5 file with no errors) > you


DETAILS:
Artist: Led Zeppelin
Date: April 9th, 1977
Location: Chicago, illinois
Venue: Chicago Stadium
Source: AUD (1st Gen.)
Format: FLAC
CD's: 1
Artwork: Yes
Label: Mikesline
Title: Page Gets Sick
Size: 393 MB


SETLIST:
CD 1:
01. The Song Remains The Same
02. Sick Again
03. Nobody's Fault But Mine

04. Since I've Been Loving You
05. No Quarter

06. Ten Years Gone

LINKS:
1977-04-09 Chicago, IL (AUD 1st Gen Source 2)


This is the second source for this show too.  Empress Valley Supreme Disc's "Great Chicago Fire" box set of all 4 night in Chicago in 1977 is the Source 1 recording.  I think this Source 2 recording I'm uploading here may have recently surfaced.  But don't hold me to this.  I do know I just got this 1st generation version last year.  But I don't believe, but again am not sure, a Source 2 recording had been available prior to last year.

I'm making no alterations to this show and am uploading it as I got it!

I hope you enjoy the show...

Bootradr


SPECIAL NOTICE TO ALL!!!

THESE DOWNLOADS ARE FOR FREE ONLY!  NEVER BUY OR SELL ANY LEGALLY RECORDED BUT ILLEGAL TO SELL SHOWS LIKE THIS ONE.  THIS IS FOR FANS AND FUTURE FANS WHO WANT TO HEAR THE ARTIST'S MUSIC RAW & LIVE BUT NOT OFFICIALLY AVAILABLE OR RELEASED.

ALWAYS REMEMBER TO SUPPORT THE ARTISTS BY BUYING THEIR OFFICIALLY RELEASED MATERIAL TOO.

KEEP IT FREE, KEEP IT AVAILABLE, AND MOST OF ALL; KEEP IT LEGAL!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment