Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Lynyrd Skynyrd: 1976-03-07 San Francisco, CA (Pro Shot DVD)

Here's an excellent recording and performance of Lynyrd Skynyrd in San Francisco at Winterland Ballroom in 1976.  My two favorite songs, because of the guitar playing primarily, are "T For Texas" and "Freebird".  Watching the three guitarists playing off each other as they moved along in the solos is really incredible.  It's some of the most superb guitar work I've heard so far from this band.

LINEAGE:
Wolfgang's Vault online stream capture > 640 X 480, 2099 kbps video & 103 kbps audio mp4 files > PC > AVS Video Editor > TLH > you (actually, scratch the TLH part of the lineage because I forgot to create an md5 file verifying all files are intact before I uploaded the show...but it doesn't affect anything so no bid deal)

SHOW DETAILS:
Artist: Lynyrd Skynyrd
Date: March 7th, 1976
Location: San Francisco, California
Venue: Winterland Ballroom
Title: Winterland 1976
Label: Bootradr Project

DVD ATTRIBUTES:
Menus: No
Chapters: Yes
Artwork: Yes
DVD Size: 3.36 GB
Length: 73:30

VIDEO ATTRIBUTES:
Format: NTSC
Color and/or B&W: B&W
Resolution: 720 x 480
Aspect: 4:3
Frame Rate: 29.97 fps
Bitrate: 6488 kbps
Codec: MPEG-2

AUDIO ATTRIBUTES:
Sample Rate: 48 kHz
Bitrate: 224 kbps
Codec: mp2
Channels: 2
Streams: 1

CHAPTERS:
01. Cry For The Badman
02. Saturday Night Special
03. Searchin'
04. I Got The Same Old Blues
05. Gimme Back My Bullets
06. Tuesday's Gone
07. Needle And The Spoon
08. Gimme Three Steps
09. Call Me The Breeze
10. Sweet Home Alabama
11. T For Texas
12. Freebird

LINKS:
(1) 1976-03-07 San Francisco, CA (Pro Shot DVD)
(2) 1976-03-07 San Francisco, CA (Pro Shot DVD)
(3) 1976-03-07 San Francisco, CA (Pro Shot DVD)
(4) 1976-03-07 San Francisco, CA (Pro Shot DVD)
(5) 1976-03-07 San Francisco, CA (Pro Shot DVD)

When I created this DVD a few years ago, I didn't have the software I really wanted so I just created this with chapters and no menu figuring I'd recreate the DVD later.  But I never have built a new DVD and I'm happy with the sound and way this one came out too.

This is probably my favorite Skynyrd show.  The band plays incredibly well, and in fact, they sound better to me than they do on the 1975 Winterland DVD I also created (like this one).  I believe that they were one of the rare bands that were getting better each year rather than the opposite.

Looking around yesterday, I realized I'd forgotten about some other unreleased DVD concerts of Skynyrd I have too.  At least two of them are in color video also.  However, this show, as well as the 1975 Winterland and 1977 New Jersey shows, was filmed in black and white.  But it's great looking quality black and white too.  Other than one camera angle with a small burned out pixels area, the video seems flawless to me!

As far as lossiness goes, it's lossy!  That's unfortunate.  But it's from the same source as the Journey (and many other) shows at Winterland and that's Wolfgang's Vault.  At this time, they seem to be the only holders of the master, lossless video.  And it's been this way for years and years.  These shows all come from what is commonly called "Bill Graham's Vault" and were filmed at his venues by the cameras set up to professionally shoot shows at Winterland.

I hope you enjoy this free "free concert"...

Bootradr

SPECIAL NOTICE TO ALL!!

THESE DOWNLOADS ARE FOR FREE ONLY!  NEVER BUY OR SELL ANY LEGALLY RECORDED BUT ILLEGAL TO SELL SHOWS LIKE THIS ONE.  THIS IS FOR FANS AND FUTURE FANS WHO WANT TO HEAR THE ARTIST'S MUSIC RAW & LIVE BUT NOT OFFICIALLY AVAILABLE OR RELEASED.

ALWAYS REMEMBER TO SUPPORT THE ARTISTS BY BUYING THEIR OFFICIALLY RELEASED MATERIAL TOO.

KEEP IT FREE, KEEP IT AVAILABLE, AND MOST OF ALL; KEEP IT LEGAL!!!

3 comments:

  1. Part 3 is gone from FileFactory:
    Server Failed
    This file is no longer available due to an unexpected server error. If you are the owner of this file, it will need to be re-uploaded.
    Please contact support if you require further assistance.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry I am seeing this so much later than it should have taken me to. I see parts 2, 3, and 5 need re-uploading now and they're going into my re-up folder to be uploaded overnight. So a new set of links will be here tomorrow. Thanks for letting me know...

    Bootradr

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sadly all the links are down.
    Is this the same as the one posted on youtube.
    Unfortunately the image is condensed.
    Anyway this concert is superb, and the sound is superb. Kudos to you Sir for recreating this in color.

    ReplyDelete