Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Led Zeppelin: 1973-07-21 Providence, RI (FLAC_AUD Low Gen_2 CD)

This show was requested recently, and like I've mentioned a time or two on my site here, I'm happy to take requests and share them if I have or can get them.  This is really a great recording of Led Zeppelin's Providence, Rhode Island show in 1973.

To be perfectly honest, I've had a version of this show I got many years ago and listened to a few times.  But it had been a long time ago when I got it and a long time ago since I listened to it too.  But hearing this huge upgrade from my earlier copy, and even comparing it to some more recent copies various boot labels released, this is a huge improvement over those copies.  I'm not sure if it may be a different source or not.  I haven't taken the time to compare them all yet.  This version is reportedly from a low generation copy and that very well may be the reason it sounds so much better?

LINEAGE:

Unknown low generation copy (possibly VHS tape in lineage) > speed corrected > remastered (no noise or hiss reduction in editing) > me > TLH > WAV (for lossiness testing) > Audacity (to embed metadata/track titles and info and re-encode as FLAC) > FLAC 6 > TLH (to test for SBE's, recheck final project was error free, and create and verify md5 & ffp files) > you

Notes by dadgad: Comments: very good audience recording, sound improves after "No Quarter" (different tape/cassette?)

DETAILS:
Artist: Led Zeppelin
Date: July 21st, 1973
Location: Providence, Rhode Island
Venue: Civic Center
Source: AUD (low generation)
Format: FLAC
CD's: 2
Artwork: No
Label: dadgad
Title: None
Size: 665 MB

SETLIST:

CD 1:
101. Rock And Roll
102. Celebration Day
103. Black Dog
104. Over The Hills And Far Away

105. Misty Mountain Hop
106. Since I've Been Loving You
107. No Quarter
108. The Song Remains The Same
109. The Rain Song

CD 2:
201. Dazed And Confused

202. Stairway To Heaven
203. Moby Dick
204. Heartbreaker
205. Whole Lotta Love
206. The Ocean

LINKS:
(1) 1973-07-21 Providence Remaster

(2) 1973-07-21 Providence Remaster

I find it interesting the way CD 2 is arranged.  With songs like "Moby Dick" coming after "Dazed And Confused" and "Stairway to Heaven" as well as "Heartbreaker" coming before "Whole Lotta Love", well, that wasn't the way the band usually played their setlist.  But they obviously changed it up during this July 1973 show.

Since dadgad didn't elaborate on what he did in remastering the tapes he worked with, it's anyone's guess here.  But I'm fairly confident (but guessing) he did EQ this version in his remastering job.  And he did a great job too.

I hope you enjoy this great night and great recording ...

Bootradr

 
SPECIAL NOTICE TO ALL!!

  THESE DOWNLOADS ARE FOR FREE ONLY!  NEVER BUY OR SELL ANY LEGALLY RECORDED BUT ILLEGAL TO SELL SHOWS LIKE THIS ONE.  THIS IS FOR FANS AND FUTURE FANS WHO WANT TO HEAR THE ARTIST'S MUSIC RAW & LIVE BUT NOT OFFICIALLY AVAILABLE OR RELEASED.

ALWAYS REMEMBER TO SUPPORT THE ARTISTS BY BUYING THEIR OFFICIALLY RELEASED MATERIAL TOO.

KEEP IT FREE, KEEP IT AVAILABLE, AND MOST OF ALL; KEEP IT LEGAL!!!

5 comments:

  1. Yesterday was the anniversary of 6/S2/1973 live at Kesar stadium. Could you please post that show? If you have it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought I had the Kezar Stadium show up? But I'll double check and even if I do have a version up I might have an upgrade to it (got about a year ago) :-) Sorry I missed your reply earlier...

      Bootradr

      Delete
  2. Hi Bootradr, thank you for posting this concert following my request - your kindness is much appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations. You have one of biggest functioning, direct-to-download collections of LZ material on the web. Believe it or not.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the news! I've noticed many other sites have either stopped functioning, not been updated, been removed, or have had some other issues like dead links over the last year or two that made them not very useable. I just try to keep mine withing the limits of the law and not draw too much attention to it. Those of us who are truly interested always seem to find it :-)

    Thanks again for the news...

    Bootradr

    ReplyDelete