Friday, July 18, 2014

Led Zeppelin: 1977-07-17 Seattle, WA (FLAC_SB_3 CD)

I just realized this is my 100th Zeppelin upload here at BBBB!

Here is an upgrade in sound quality I believe to the EVSD copy of this same show I uploaded two years (and a day) ago.  I'd wanted to upload this last night on it's 37th anniversary when I realized what the date was.  But I just didn't have time before I had to get to sleep.  And wouldn't you know it?  I still didn't sleep like I was trying to so I'm up much earlier than I planned.

Anyhow, this is the Tarantura 2000 copy of the show and this is suppose to be straight from the soundboard and not a video rip.  Oh yea, I guess one of these days I'll have to upload one of the DVD sets for this show too :-)

LINEAGE:
Tarantura 2000 silver CD's > no details given > me > TLH (to decode as WAV and test*) > Audacity (to embed metadata/track titles & info into files and re-encode as FLAC) > FLAC 6 > TLH (to create and verify new md5 and ffp files) > you

* This is one of those examples where TLH miserably failed at the CDDA test.  I left the TLH CDDA Test text file I created in the upload so you can see for yourself.  It shows to be with a 95% likeliness to be an MPEG (lossy) source.  But it isn't and there is a FA (frequency analysis) jpeg of the testing done on the audio in a better way of getting accurate results.  This was verified too by others and it is NOT a lossy recording.

DETAILS:

Artist: Led Zeppelin
Date: July 17th, 1977
Location: Seattle, Washington
Venue: Kingdome
Source: SB
Format: FLAC
CD: 3
Artwork: Yes (full artwork scans in download)
Label: Tarantura 2000
Title: Jupiter & Saturn
Size: 1.00 GB

SETLIST:
CD 1:
101. opening

102. The Song Remains The Same
103. Sick Again
104. Nobody's Fault But Mine
105. Over The Hills And Far Away
106. Since I've Been Loving You
107. No Quarter


CD 2:
201. Ten Years Gone
202. The Battle Of Evermore
203. Going To California
204. Black Country Woman
205. Bron-Yr-Aur Stomp
206. White Summer/Black Mountain Side
207. Kashmir

CD 3:
301. Moby Dick

302. Jimmy Page (guitar/violin bow solo)
303. Achilles Last Stand
304. Stairway To Heaven
305. Whole Lotta Love
306. Rock And Roll

LINKS:
Part 1 - 1977-07-17 Jupiter & Saturn
Part 2 - 1977-07-17 Jupiter & Saturn
Part 3 - 1977-07-17 Jupiter & Saturn

It's been stated that Tarantura put a little reverb in the audio as well as brought the audience noise up a little between songs on this release.  The same person who shared this recording and made those statements also states this is from a video rip and they believe it is not truly straight from the soundboard as Tarantura clains it is.  I'm not sure myself.  But it does sound like a better recording than the other 5 copies of this date I have on my hard drive.

I want to try and locate the Genuine Masters and Watchtower label releases of this show.  I have neither of those and they are both great labels that do great work.  They reportedly use this same source that Tarantura 2000 used here.  I personally like the sound on this version and I think most of you will too.


Enjoy the show...

Bootradr
SPECIAL NOTICE TO ALL!!

  THESE DOWNLOADS ARE FOR FREE ONLY!  NEVER BUY OR SELL ANY LEGALLY RECORDED BUT ILLEGAL TO SELL SHOWS LIKE THIS ONE.  THIS IS FOR FANS AND FUTURE FANS WHO WANT TO HEAR THE ARTIST'S MUSIC RAW & LIVE BUT NOT OFFICIALLY AVAILABLE OR RELEASED.

ALWAYS REMEMBER TO SUPPORT THE ARTISTS BY BUYING THEIR OFFICIALLY RELEASED MATERIAL TOO.

KEEP IT FREE, KEEP IT AVAILABLE, AND MOST OF ALL; KEEP IT LEGAL!!



No comments:

Post a Comment