Saturday, September 27, 2014

Led Zeppelin: 1977-05-22 Fort Worth, TX (FLAC_AUD_3 CD)

This is the recently released EVSD 3 CD audience copy that went along with the 3 CD soundboard recording in their new Texas Hurricane 6 CD set.  Thanks goes to "fishey" for sharing his silver CD EAC burns!

I've still not listened to this full audience recording yet.  I'd planned on doing it yesterday but got sidetracked by the superb 1970-03-07 Montreux Jazz Festival audience recording and the 1971-04-01 Paris Theatre in London soundboard recordings.  I'm about to go ahead and listen to the Fort Worth audience copy by EVSD now.

I did an initial comparison of a few songs between other copies, such as the Silver Rarities and Wendy labels copies, as I mentioned yesterday.  Initially, I do think this EVSD copy sounds better with more high end frequencies being present.  I also think from looking at the waveform of the tracks that there are going to be at least two sources used in EVSD's release.  Again, as previously mentioned yesterday, the SIRA (Silver Rarities) It'll Be Zep recording and the Duckwalk and Lasers LP I have seem to be from the same sources used in the EVSD audience set.  However, EVSD claims this 3 CD set is from the audience master copies on their artwork.  So the recording isn't anything new source wise I do not believe.  The Duckwalk and Lasers source is a much cleaner, better sounding recording but is incomplete.  I believe it starts on "Stairway to Heaven" and goes through the final song "It'll Be Me" if I'm remembering things right.  And the waveform on these EVSD tracks, as well as the sound, show different recordings were used on the Texas Hurricane audience recording and match my early hypothesis.  In fact, the audio in the latter, cleaner sourced recording is clipped a lot in EVSD's release (from amplification possible).  I can't hear it but I sure can see it in the waveform.  The earlier, main audience source used through most of the show has a lot better looking waveform with just a few periodic spikes indicating any clipping of the audio.

Anyhow, let me get on with uploading this recording.  I can always come back and analyze it more and update it later.


LINEAGE:
EVSD silver CD's > EAC (Secure) > FLAC 8 > me > WAV > Audacity (to view waveform, embed metadata/track titles & info, and then to re-encode) > FLAC 6 > TLH (to check for SBE's and create ffp & md5 files) > you

DETAILS:
Artist: Led Zeppelin
Date: May 22nd, 1977
Location: Fort Worth, Texas
Venue: Tarrant County Convention Center
Source: AUD
Format: FLAC
CD's: 3
Artwork: Yes (full 6 CD artwork scans in download)
Label: EVSD
Title: Texas Hurricane
Size: 1.11 GB

SETLIST:
CD 1:
101. The Song Remains The Same
102. Sick Again
103. Nobody's Fault But Mine
104. In My Time Of Dying
105. Since I've Been Loving You

106. No Quarter

CD 2:

201. Ten Years Gone
202. Going To California
203. Black Country Woman
204. Bron-Y-Aur Stomp
205. White Summer/Black Mountain Side
206. Kashmir

CD 3:
301. Out On The Tiles/Moby Dick

302. Jimmy Page (guitar & violin bow solo)
303. Achilles Last Stand
304. Stairway To Heaven
305. Whole Lotta Love
306. Rock And Roll
307. It'll Be Me (with Mick Ralphs)

LINKS:
(1) 1977-05-22 Fort Worth, TX (EVSD AUD)
(2) 1977-05-22 Fort Worth, TX (EVSD AUD)

One thing of interest I just noticed was the extra song on the soundboard recording that is not on any audience recordings as far as I recall and see!  The newly surfaced sounboard has "The Battle of Evermore" as the second track on CD 2.  I originally thought EVSD had made a mistake on their artwork and I may have en mentioned that when I uploaded the soundboard recording.  Any yes, they still did make mistakes in spelling "Fort Worth".  But they didn't add an extra song that didn't exist in the concert.  I find this very interesting and wonder if there is an audience recording of "The Battle of Evermore" now?

I'm going to put my discs in an listen to the show now and enjoy the show.  I hope you enjoy the concert too...

Bootradr


SPECIAL NOTICE TO ALL!!

THESE DOWNLOADS ARE FOR FREE ONLY!  NEVER BUY OR SELL ANY LEGALLY RECORDED BUT ILLEGAL TO SELL SHOWS LIKE THIS ONE.  THIS IS FOR FANS AND FUTURE FANS WHO WANT TO HEAR THE ARTIST'S MUSIC RAW & LIVE BUT NOT OFFICIALLY AVAILABLE OR RELEASED.

ALWAYS REMEMBER TO SUPPORT THE ARTISTS BY BUYING THEIR OFFICIALLY RELEASED MATERIAL TOO.

KEEP IT FREE, KEEP IT AVAILABLE, AND MOST OF ALL; KEEP IT LEGAL!!!


2 comments: