Thursday, September 25, 2014

Led Zeppelin: 1980-10-XX A Tribute To John Bonham (FLAC_FM BX_1 CD)

With today, September 25th, 2014, being the 34th anniversary of John Bonham's death; I figured this recent British FM radio broadcast from right after Bonham's death was a fitting upload.  This is not a music upload but an FM radio broadcast with interviews and discussions regarding John Henry Bonham, the "best drummer the band (Led Zeppelin) ever had" as Robert plant joked about a few times before Bonham's "Moby Dick" was played live in concerts.  He was the only drummer Led Zeppelin ever had with the rare exception of the reunions after his death and the final 2007 concert where Jason Bonham, the son of the late John Bonham, was the drummer.

Here's a copy & paste of part of the original text file included:
February 2012 analogue tape transfer of BRMB Radio's tribute programme to John Henry Bonham. This show was presented by John Slater in early October 1980, featuring contributions from Danny King, Don Fewtrell, Malcolm Jay, Bev Bevan, Jeff Lynn, Ozzy Osbourne.

LINEAGE: (NOTE: I left everything "as is" other than I also added my Bootradr info file and a new md5 file)
Cassette tape from original broadcast and the archives of "Blockbuster" > 2012 transfer > Cool Edit Pro v 2.1 > Traders Little Helper > FLAC > me > TLH (had to recreate a new md5 file since old one didn't work) > you

DETAILS:
Artist: Led Zeppelin
Date: October, 1980
Location: United Kingdom
Source: FM Broadcast (BRMB Radio or Birmingham Broadcasting.  See this Wikipedia link)
Format: FLAC
CD's: 1
Artwork: Yes
Label: Blockbuster
Title: A Tribute o John Bonham
Size: 348 MB
Length: 55:01:18

SETLIST:
01. Danny King recalls the early music scene in Birmingham
02. John making his mark in the early days
03. Jim Simpson remembers
04. John Bonham the drummer - Bev Bevan on his style and technique
05. Midlands DJ Malcolm Jay remembers
06. Early success with Zeppelin
07. Bonzo's antics
08. Examining John Bonham's personality
09. John Bonham the family man
10.  Final thoughts - Ozzy Osbourne, Jeff Lynne, Bev Bevan

LINK:
(1) A Tribute To John Bonham (October 1980 Broadcast)


A certain breed of music died in December of 1980 when Led Zeppelin disbanded after Bonham's death on September 25th.  I remember feeling a depressed kind of feeling when listening to music during all of 1980 to be honest.  I wasn't hearing any new Led Zeppelin songs because no album had been released since 1979 by the band.  The new wave of what people were calling music was making its way into the airwaves and I was hearing nothing I liked over FM radio.  I was a really young teen then, but I knew what I liked and I wasn't hearing it.

Thankfully, and as I was growing up more and starting to really search music for more than a cool sound, I came across Journey in 1981 and it "opened the door" and filled the gap that had been left.  And even though the new wave of music made its way in anyhow, there were some great years left in the 1980's (and going mainly back into the 1970's albums I didn't know of) from bands like Journey, REO Speedwagon, and a few others who spoke to my generation.  And it wasn't too many years later when I started my own musical journey of collecting, finding, and listening to what people commonly call "bootlegs".  Not only did the song never remain the same, but the true talent of the artist was heard and the adventure of hearing the bands I liked live (but had not been able to see) was just beginning.

So even though a certain breed of music passed away when John Bonham did, the music never died and lives on through sites like mine and many others.  People, and I know many of my friends, think we are a dying breed today.  I say screw what they think!  I could care less if they want to listen to today's "music" or not.  We all have out own tastes and that is fine.  But as long as I am able to do it, I plan on listening, finding, and really just enjoying the rare, never released music from when rock 'n' roll was real.  I'm talking about the days when there were the Jimi Hendrix, Janis Joplin, Jon Lord, Johnny Winter, and John Henry Bonham's that ruled the airwaves and the day!

As "Blockbuster's" sentiment in his text file states. "John Bonham always remembered - never forgotten."

Bootradr


SPECIAL NOTICE TO ALL!!

THESE DOWNLOADS ARE FOR FREE ONLY!  NEVER BUY OR SELL ANY LEGALLY RECORDED BUT ILLEGAL TO SELL SHOWS LIKE THIS ONE.  THIS IS FOR FANS AND FUTURE FANS WHO WANT TO HEAR THE ARTIST'S MUSIC RAW & LIVE BUT NOT OFFICIALLY AVAILABLE OR RELEASED.

ALWAYS REMEMBER TO SUPPORT THE ARTISTS BY BUYING THEIR OFFICIALLY RELEASED MATERIAL TOO.

KEEP IT FREE, KEEP IT AVAILABLE, AND MOST OF ALL; KEEP IT LEGAL!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment