Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Robert Plant: 1985-09-08 London, England + Bonus Material (FLAC_SB_2 CD)

Here's an excellent sounding Plant show from a period of when I really wasn't listening to his music in the day.  It's a little different today and is has more of a nostalgic flashback effect today.  This 1985 tour showcased music from Plant's Shaken "N" Stirred LP released in 1985.  It was a little too "modern" and "dance like" musically for my taste at the time.  Oh yea!  I still own a cassette tape of it somewhere from those days and likely a CD too from later resell bins.  But they were not listened to a lot and are practically brand new too.

As I was listening to this 2 CD show yesterday, as I was trying get it uploaded on its 29th anniversary but failed to, I have to say that it was enjoyable and entertaining.  And it even had some rockin' guitar in it too.  Plant sounds great vocally.  It's definitely not Led Zeppelin and it really isn't very Robert Plant either.  And that makes it pretty unique musically because he didn't stick with singing this kind of music for long either.

LINEAGE:
Wardour silver CD's > EAC (Secure Mode/Read Offset Corrected) > WAV > xACT FLAC Level 8 (Tested) EAC logs included  > me > WAV (to test for lossiness) > Audacity (to embed metadata/song info into tracks and re-encode as FLAC) > FLAC 6 > TLH (to check for any SBE's and to create new md5 & ffp files) > you

DETAILS:
Artist: Robert Plant
Date: September 8th, 1985
Location: Birmingham, England
Venue: NEC
Source: SB
Format: FLAC
CD's: 2
Artwork: Yes (full artwork in download)
Label: Wardour
Title: Mood For A Melody
Size: 704 MB

SETLIST:
CD 1:
101. In The Mood
102. Pledge Pin
103. Pink And Black
104. Little By Little
105. Burning Down One Side

106. Too Loud
107. Thru With The Two Step

CD 2:

201. Messin' With The Mekon
202. band member introductions
203. Slow Dancer
204. Rockin' At Midnight (OFFICIALLY RELEASED/NOT ADDED TO UPLOAD)

205. Young Boy Blues

Bonus Tracks: (from 1983:12-07 Ipswitch, UK @ Gaumont Show)
206. Burning Down One Side
207. Big Log

208. All Your Love
209. Stranger Here...Than Over There

LINK:
(1) 1985-09-08 Birmingham, UK (SB)
 
As I was looking at the waveform yesterday, I noticed there is some audio clipping especially on CD 2.  I'm not sure it will even be noticeable to most people's hearing and the show still sounds excellent.  I tried making a copy using Audacity's Compressor effect but it didn't really help and it didn't sound right to me.  So I left it as is.  Had I not mentioned it here, chances are nobody would have ever even known this unless they looked at the waveform.

I have to admit that I did enjoy hearing this show yesterday.  Again, partially based on the nostalgic effect I'm sure :-)  But it was a great listen and it's a great recording to grab if for nothing other than making a collection more complete for this point and time in 'the history of Led Zeppelin' (and its members).

I hope you enjoy the concert...

Bootradr


SPECIAL NOTICE TO ALL!!

  THESE DOWNLOADS ARE FOR FREE ONLY!  NEVER BUY OR SELL ANY LEGALLY RECORDED BUT ILLEGAL TO SELL SHOWS LIKE THIS ONE.  THIS IS FOR FANS AND FUTURE FANS WHO WANT TO HEAR THE ARTIST'S MUSIC RAW & LIVE BUT NOT OFFICIALLY AVAILABLE OR RELEASED.

ALWAYS REMEMBER TO SUPPORT THE ARTISTS BY BUYING THEIR OFFICIALLY RELEASED MATERIAL TOO.

KEEP IT FREE, KEEP IT AVAILABLE, AND MOST OF ALL; KEEP IT LEGAL!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment