Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Blondie: 1978-11-12 New York, NY (FLAC_SB_2 CD)

This is an excellent sounding Blondie show from almost 36 years ago and the performance is awesome too.  Blondie was one of the very first artist I really started listening to and looking for more music of.  As a kid, I had everything from Glen Campbell records to The Jackson 5 and other varieties of artists on records.  But as I was getting just a little older I heard Blondie and found a few 8-track tapes and then LP's because I really liked her voice.  This was even before I knew who Journey was, and even though I'd heard of Led Zeppelin, I didn't really know their music yet and hadn't heard it a lot.  We're talking way back when :-)

LINEAGE:
No lineage given
> me > TLH > WAV (to test for lossiness and align tracks on sector boundaries) > Audacity (to view waveform, embed metadata/track titles & info, and then to re-encode) > FLAC 6 > TLH (to double check for SBE's and create and verify ffp & md5 files) > you

DETAILS:
Artist: Blondie
Date: November 12, 1978
Location: New York, New York
Venue: The Palladium

Title: The Palladium and/or Blondie Live
Label: Blackjack
Source: SB
Format: FLAC
CD's: 2
Artwork: Yes
Size: 525 MB
Length: 83:52:50

SETLIST:

CD 1: 
101. In The Sun
102.
X Offender
103. Hanging On The Telephone
104. Detroit 442
105. Fan Mail
106. Picture This
107. 11:59
108. Pretty Baby
109. (I'm Always Touched By Your) Presence, Dear
110. Sunday Girl
111. Denis

112. I'm On E
113. I'm Gonna Love You Too
114. Will Anything Happen
115. Fade Away And Radiate

CD 2:
201. I Know But I Don't Know

202. One Way Or Another
203. Youth Nabbed As Sniper
204. Kung Fu Girl
205. Robert Fripp intro
206. Sister Midnight
207. Heroes
208. Bang A Gong (Get It On)

LINK:
(1) 1978-11-12 New York, NY SB


I lost interest in Blondie's music that came after the late 1980's.  She disappeared and so did a lot of her talent in my opinion.  She seemed to still have a great voice but she didn't seem to be able to use it.  Her enthusiasm and shows seemed to be lackluster and not like these late 1970's shows or the 1980 ones either.  So it is nice to find these old soundboard and audience recordings of Blondie shows from her early days.  I've been able to acquire a nice collection of them due to others who've shared them over the years.  And every so often, like today, I'll pull one up and give it a listen.  And I figured today, I'd go ahead and upload another one too just in case anyone else might like to hear an old Blondie show.

I hope you enjoy the show...

Bootradr


SPECIAL NOTICE TO ALL!!

THESE DOWNLOADS ARE FOR FREE ONLY!  NEVER BUY OR SELL ANY LEGALLY RECORDED BUT ILLEGAL TO SELL SHOWS LIKE THIS ONE.  THIS IS FOR FANS AND FUTURE FANS WHO WANT TO HEAR THE ARTIST'S MUSIC RAW & LIVE BUT NOT OFFICIALLY AVAILABLE OR RELEASED.

ALWAYS REMEMBER TO SUPPORT THE ARTISTS BY BUYING THEIR OFFICIALLY RELEASED MATERIAL TOO.

KEEP IT FREE, KEEP IT AVAILABLE, AND MOST OF ALL; KEEP IT LEGAL!!!

1 comment: