Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Joan Jett And The Blackhearts: 1987-06-06 Santa Cruz, CA (FLAC_AUD 1st Gen_1 CD)

This is an excellent sounding recording and performance by Joan Jett And The Blackhearts on their 1987 tour.  This was right between the the 1986 Good Music LP release and the 1988 Up Your Alley LP release.  With Jett's meshing of oldies songs with a rock 'n' roll newer sound in the 1980's, she rocked towns and countries playing by her own rules.

I remember the Up Your Alley LP release because I bought in the day it came out.  With songs on the new LP Like "Little Liar" and "I Still Dream About You", she was proving her days as a Runaway member and as well as her early 1980 and 1981 hits with songs like "I Love Rock 'N' Roll" and "Crimson And Clover" were not just flukes.  She still had talent and was not a one hit wonder.  Most fans already knew this by 1986, but for the ever belittling critics at the time, many were eating their words as they had not given her the best of reviews.  Critics seem to always get it wrong and be at odds with fans points of view.  It makes you wonder if they even would know what was good if it slapped them upside the head.  And that is still an ongoing problem today and one reason I put very little stock in write-ups many times.

I think the very first year I saw Joan Jett was in either 1987 or possibly 1988 in San Antonio, Texas.  I wasn't expecting to see her and had no recording equipment so I obviously didn't get to record the show.  In fact, I never got a chance to record her until 2006-05-2 at the Wildflower Festival up near Dallas, Texas.  And she still had it!  In fact, I was so impressed by her performance I got a second wind of collecting her shows and have collected quiet a few over the last 8 years.  I need to upload that show one of these days.

I still think that one of her most underrated albums released in 1994
, Pure and Simple, has had some of her best work to date with songs like "As I Am" and "Brighter Day".  It was a completely different sound and style, and actually it was a side of her talent and song writing that was a heartfelt, more sincere, and personal side of here own life era she put to music I believe.  The LP/CD has some really excellent tracks.

LINEAGE:
 Nakamichi CM300 > Sony TCD-5m >
mater cassette analog transfer > me > TLH > WAV (to test for lossiness) > Audacity (to view waveform, embed metadata/track titles & info, and then to re-encode) > FLAC 6 > TLH (to check for SBE's and create and verify ffp & md5 files) > you

DETAILS:
Artist: Joan Jett And The Blackhearts
Date: June 6th, 1987
Location: Santa Cruz, California
Venue: The Catalyst

Title: None

Label: None
Source: Audience (1st Gen)
Format: FLAC
CD's: 1
Artwork: No
Size: 404 MB
Length: 65:30:31

SETLIST:

01. introduction
02.
Bad Reputation
03. Cherry Bomb
04. Light Of Day
05. Love Is Pain
06. Nag
07. Just Lust
08.
Frustrated
09.
Fake Friends
10.
Everyday People
11. I Wanna Be Your Dog
12. I Love Rock 'N' Roll
13. Roadrunner
14. Star Star
15. Do You Wanna Touch Me (Oh Yeah)

16. Crimson And Clover

LINK:
(1) 1987-06-06 Santa Cruz, CA (AUD 1st Gen)


Joan Jett is a touch chick!  It's too bad she's "batting for the other team" (to coin an old phrase).  But it isn't like I'd ever get closer to her than the front row anyhow :-)  But she has always been hot looking I think.  Even in her mid 50's nowadays, and thankfully growing her hair back out, she is a beautiful looking girl.  And one that can crank out the songs and sound just as great as she always has with that gritty, gutsy, and raw voice she is known for.

All thanks goes to "markp" for taping this show and then sharing it!  He did an excellent to superb job of capturing the show and the mix is awesome.  Joan Jett shows can many times be  messed up by rowdy and loud crowds.  But however he got this recording, he was able to keep the crowd noise to a minimum as the music plays.  This is one of the better, and possibly even the best, audience recordings I've heard from Jett's 1987 tour.  And I know you should like it too if you are a fan.

I hope you enjoy the show...

Bootradr


SPECIAL NOTICE TO ALL!!

THESE DOWNLOADS ARE FOR FREE ONLY!  NEVER BUY OR SELL ANY LEGALLY RECORDED BUT ILLEGAL TO SELL SHOWS LIKE THIS ONE.  THIS IS FOR FANS AND FUTURE FANS WHO WANT TO HEAR THE ARTIST'S MUSIC RAW & LIVE BUT NOT OFFICIALLY AVAILABLE OR RELEASED.

ALWAYS REMEMBER TO SUPPORT THE ARTISTS BY BUYING THEIR OFFICIALLY RELEASED MATERIAL TOO.

KEEP IT FREE, KEEP IT AVAILABLE, AND MOST OF ALL; KEEP IT LEGAL!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment