Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Boston: 1977-04-03 Philadelphia, PA (FLAC_AUD_1 CD)

Here's a real nice Boston show from 1977 shared by "tonsofsobs" almost a year ago.  The second half of the concert sounds a lot better for some reason.  Maybe the taper changed their location or something similar happened.  But whatever the reason, it is an enjoyably show.

LINEAGE:
CD-R > EAC > FLAC (TLH)
> me > TLH > WAV (to test for lossiness) > Audacity (to view waveform, embed metadata/track titles & info, and then to re-encode) > FLAC 8 > TLH (to check for SBE's and create and verify ffp & md5 files) > you

DETAILS:
Artist: Boston
Date: April 3rd, 1977
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Venue: The Spectrum

Title: None
Label: None
Source: AUD
Format: FLAC
CD's: 1
Artwork: No
Size: 415 MB
Length: 68:55:57

SETLIST:

01. Rock & Roll Band
02. Shattered Dreams (Help Me)
03. More Than A Feeling
04. Peace Of Mind
05. Something About You
06. A Man I'll Never Be
07. Smokin'
08. guitar solo
09. Foreplay/Long Time
10. Television Politician
11. Don't Be Afraid

LINK:
(1) 1977-04-03 Philadelphia, PA (AUD)


The waveform for this recording shows an excellent audio recording with no clipping of the audio at all.  I'm going off of my memory from listening to this show last December when it was shared as well as listening to a few clips on the PC here today.  But this is a great recording with some excellent sections in it too I'd say.  The sharing party, "tonsofsobs", gave it a B+ in his rating opinion.

I'm looking for my CD-R burned copy I made to listen to it again today.  I may actually listen to a few Boston shows today?   Today is the first really cold day (and I LOVE the cold) of the year in my area.  I think I'll make me some hot chocolate, put in a show, and kick back and jam out today.

It's a great thing to me reminiscing when an Arctic front finally makes its way into the area and it somehow causes me to start thinking about the days when I was growing up.  I always loved the winter and hitting the roads and driving with a tape like Boston, Journey, REO Speedwagon, Led Zeppelin, or about a thousand more bands I liked listening to.  I'd probably be preparing myself for a camping trip on this cold weekend back in my younger, no vision problem years.  I'd be setting things up to where I could kick back around my campsite and campfire with a friend (or a few), have the tunes playing, and just enjoying the company and memories being made.  And today, not being able to do those things I use to (very seldom if ever anymore), it does the soul good to remember those good ole days, the friends.  Some I still talk to and they're still around, some I have no idea where they are, and some are gone and/or passed away today.

What I wouldn't give to be able to go camping with my ole friend Johnny Davis and his brother, me great friend Ed, like we use to.  We'd take our tents, a boat, our fishing poles, and whatever else we needed including the tunes and head out to the Sam Houston National Forest and Lake Conroe often.  Johnny was a country western listener while I was roick 'n' roll listener.  But he always enjoyed the Journey, Bad Company, many other bands, and especially Boston recordings I had.  Johnny passed away earlier this year so those days are just memories now and memories I'll never forget.  Rest in peace old friend and I'll be thinking of the many trips we made as I listen to Boston today.  Heck, I might even open the front and back doors on the house and let the cold air in as a reminder of how much fun it was camping out and sitting around the fire talking and having a good time :-)

I hope you enjoy the show...

Bootradr


SPECIAL NOTICE TO ALL!!

THESE DOWNLOADS ARE FOR FREE ONLY!  NEVER BUY OR SELL ANY LEGALLY RECORDED BUT ILLEGAL TO SELL SHOWS LIKE THIS ONE.  THIS IS FOR FANS AND FUTURE FANS WHO WANT TO HEAR THE ARTIST'S MUSIC RAW & LIVE BUT NOT OFFICIALLY AVAILABLE OR RELEASED.

ALWAYS REMEMBER TO SUPPORT THE ARTISTS BY BUYING THEIR OFFICIALLY RELEASED MATERIAL TOO.

KEEP IT FREE, KEEP IT AVAILABLE, AND MOST OF ALL; KEEP IT LEGAL!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment