Friday, November 21, 2014

Led Zeppelin: 1977-04-28 Cleveland, OH (FLAC_AUD 2nd Gen_3 CD)

This is an upgraded recording from other copies I have and the best one I've heard for this 1977-04-28 Led Zeppelin concert.  The previous night, known as "Destroyer" commonly in boot titles, is an excellent soundboard and one I really have enjoyed over the years.  But I haven't given this 1977-04-28 show as much listening in recent years.  This copy does sound much better than the older copies I have had and listened to over the years.

This recording starts off with some tape issues but that resolves itself fast enough.  The recording seems to gradually get better and better, almost as if the taper was moving or changing their location to a better spot the more the songs progress.  This is reportedly all from one source and seeing it is a Presence Production I know that has to be true.  But the sound changes a lot, almost as if another (better) source is being used when the fifth track, "Since I've Been Loving You", comes on.  But then it seems the sound goes back to a lesser quality sound again by "Ten Years Gone" too.  The sound obviously changes throughout the show and I am going to listen to this copy again this morning to update this post later today if need be.

I'm uploading this show because I'm confident this sound changing issue is just something that has to be dealt with on this recording.  I didn't get it from Presence however.  So I am doing that right now.  If that direct, not having gone through a third party copy sounds just the same way; I'll know then it isn't a flaw.  But either way, a flaw or not, I know there are some Led Zeppelin fans who would like to hear this show even if only parts of it sound real good and others sound not as good.  "No Quarter" sounded really good to me!  And if the copy from Presence himself shared sounds any better (indicating the third party my copy came from changed something) I will upload the better copy.  But again, I'm just saying I will "if" but I don't think this will be the case and I believe both copies are going to be identical.

LINEAGE:
AUD master > cassette (Paul C.) > cassette ("A Presence Production" mastered by Jason Peterson. Cassettes provided by Unklejimbo) > *pure and unadulterated, warts and all. Originally mastered at 96kHz 24bit, sample conversion to CD completed with ProTools utilizing highest quality pre and post filtering and 0.7bit dithering.  > me > TLH > WAV (to test for lossiness and **pad final track) > Audacity (to view waveform, embed metadata/track titles & info, and then to re-encode) > FLAC 8 > TLH (to double check for SBE's and create and verify new ffp & md5 files) > you


*   italicized text is an exact copy & paste from Presence's original information.

** I've been told when a final track in a recording has an SBE issue, that does not have to be fixed and it creates no problems.  This may very well be true?  But in this show each time I left the last track alone there were issues in the FLAC copy with the first track and SBE's as well as the end of "The Song Remains The Same" missing a small amount of the show as it transitioned into the next song "Sick Again".  Once I padded the final track, the issue resolved itself.  So I'll be sing the fixed, padded version even if it is not needed in this upload

DETAILS:
Artist: Led Zeppelin
Date: April 28th, 1977
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
Venue: Richfield Coliseum
Title: The Destroyer (Second Night)

Label: Presence Productions
Source: AUD (2nd Gen)
Format: FLAC
CD's: 3
Artwork: Yes (full artwork in download)
Size: 999 MB
Length: 166:14:56

SETLIST:

CD 1:
101. The Song Remains The Same
102. Sick Again
103. Nobody's Fault But Mine
104. In My Time Of Dying
105. Since I've Been Loving You
106. No Quarter

CD 2:
201. Ten years Gone
202. The Battle Of Evermore
203.
Going To California
204.
Black Country Woman
205.
Bron-Y-Aur Stomp
206.
White Summer/Black Mountain Side
207. Kashmir

CD 3:
301. Moby Dick

302. Jimmy Page (violin bow guitar solo)
303. Achilles Last Stand

304. Stairway To Heaven
305. Rock And Roll
306. Trampled Underfoot

LINK:
(1) 1977-04-28 Cleveland, OH (AUD 2nd Gen)
(2) 1977-04-28 Cleveland, OH (AUD 2nd Gen)


I remember the first time I supposedly got this show.  It was a mislabeled recording of the first night's show (1977-04-27).  It was disappointing because I thopught this second night may not really exist and might have been a rumor back then.  These were the days before the internet made everything so easy to research keep in mind.  And I didn't have a copy of Luis Rey's book either to go by.  In fact, I made the mistake of buying a book by Robert Goodwin that was not near as accurate or informative as Luis books with concert dates, setlists, and other information were.  It's hard to believe that was at least 'ten years gone' by times two :-)

One thing to keep in mind if you use or look at the embedded metadata I added is this.  I accidentally noted this as a "Presence Remaster" and that is not the case.  This recording is the unadulterated (not messed with) sound according to Presence and it is not a "remaster"

I hope you enjoy the show...

Bootradr


SPECIAL NOTICE TO ALL!!

THESE DOWNLOADS ARE FOR FREE ONLY!  NEVER BUY OR SELL ANY LEGALLY RECORDED BUT ILLEGAL TO SELL SHOWS LIKE THIS ONE.  THIS IS FOR FANS AND FUTURE FANS WHO WANT TO HEAR THE ARTIST'S MUSIC RAW & LIVE BUT NOT OFFICIALLY AVAILABLE OR RELEASED.

ALWAYS REMEMBER TO SUPPORT THE ARTISTS BY BUYING THEIR OFFICIALLY RELEASED MATERIAL TOO.

KEEP IT FREE, KEEP IT AVAILABLE, AND MOST OF ALL; KEEP IT LEGAL!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment