Sunday, December 21, 2014

Led Zeppelin: 1973-05-26 Salt Lake City, UT (FLAC_SB_2 CD)

Here is an excellent show with superb sound from Led Zeppelin's 1973-05-26 Salt Lake City, Utah concert.  I've never uploaded any copies of this show yet for some reason.  But I noticed this today as I was listening to this copy and decided to fix that problem!

I was going to originally upload the "DrumJ" master soundboard with the EVSD audience mix copy, but this copy sounds better and I went with it.  The "DrumJ" copy is a mix and not a matrix and contains EVSD's audience copy in spots where there is no soundboard at this time.  For instance, "Whole Lotta Love: is incomplete in this copy being uploaded but is filled in on the other mix and matrix copies using audience sourced patches.  But I can always upload the more complete copies at a later date if anyone is interested in them.

LINEAGE:
No lineage given > FLAC > me > TLH > WAV (to test for lossiness) > Audacity (to view waveform, embed  metadata/track titles & info, and then to re-encode) > FLAC 8 > TLH (to check for SBE's and create and verify ffp & md5 files) > you


DETAILS:
Artist: Led Zeppelin
Date: May 26th, 1973
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah
Venue: Salt Palace
Title: Salt Lake City 1973

Label: Watch Tower
Source: SB
Format: FLAC
CD's: 2
Artwork: Yes
Size: 561 MB
Length: 116:41:30

SETLIST:

CD 1:
101. Rock And Roll
102. Celebration Day
103. Bring It On Home ~ Black Dog
104. Over The Hills And Far Away
105. Georgia On My Mind
106. Misty Mountain Hop
107.
Since I've Been Loving You
108. No Quarter
109. The Song Remains The Same
110. The Rain Song

CD 2:
201. Dazed And Confused
202. Stairway To Heaven
203. Heartbreaker
304. Whole Lotta Love


LINK:
(1) 1973-05-26 Salt Lake City, UT (SB_Watch Tower)


I did my own EQ'ing a few years ago on the "DrumJ" mix copy and it came out sounding superb!  But there was one problem and it was related to the horrible software, Roxio Media Creator 2010 Pro, I used.  It caused split second repeats at the beginning of each track and that is annoying as it gets.  Unfortunately, and at that time, I didn't have a better program to work with.  So that copy is really useless as far as I am concerned.  I may redo this same copy I already did in the future with the better software I have (and much more difficult to use...it figures) sometime this next year?  This is a superb performance by the band and it would be fun to have another go at it with good software.

I really like the job Watch Tower did on this copy.  There is suppose to be a third disc with this set in most cases which contains the monitor mix on a number of the tracks.  I'm not sure why that disc was not included as the bonus disc it was put with this 2 CD set as.  But so far, I've not been able to get that third disc.  Hopefully I will sometime soon and I'll add it with a link to it posted here.

One thing I do not like on this CD set is the (not reliable) TLH MPEG/CDDA test results.  They are all over the place and that always brings into question whether or not the source was ever lossy.  But I do not believe it was because (a) the Watch Tower label puts out good, lossless copies of shows and (b) the source it came from would not likely have ever converted this to a lossy source.  I believe the test results are just a result of the EQ work done on this CD set by Watch Tower to make it sound so good.  That can cause the TLH program to give false results at times.

I hope you enjoy the show...

Bootradr


SPECIAL NOTICE TO ALL!!

THESE DOWNLOADS ARE FOR FREE ONLY!  NEVER BUY OR SELL ANY LEGALLY RECORDED BUT ILLEGAL TO SELL SHOWS LIKE THIS ONE.  THIS IS FOR FANS AND FUTURE FANS WHO WANT TO HEAR THE ARTIST'S MUSIC RAW & LIVE BUT NOT OFFICIALLY AVAILABLE OR RELEASED.

ALWAYS REMEMBER TO SUPPORT THE ARTISTS BY BUYING THEIR OFFICIALLY RELEASED MATERIAL TOO.

KEEP IT FREE, KEEP IT AVAILABLE, AND MOST OF ALL; KEEP IT LEGAL!!!



3 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing this one. Keep up the great job,
    best regards, K.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Bootradr I have a request for a show. Can you upload the Godfather Record version of the Led Zeppelin show on June 25 1972. I seem to not be able to find it and I would really appreciate if you uploaded this specific version. Love the things you are doing and you really have helped me make my Zeppelin music collection larger.
    Thanks from Adam.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the comments! I really appreciate them :-)

    Whoohis A., I don't seem to have the Godfather Records copy of the 1972-06-25 show. I did some looking for it this morning but I can't seem to locate it anywhere other than the mention of it. I'll keep looking and see if I can find it and I'll upload it if I do.

    I'm looking for "Welcome Back: How The West Was Won Tapes Revisited (Complete Californian Summer 1972 Diaries)"

    Keep a lookout and I bet the Godfather Records copy will surface soon (for us anyhow)...

    Bootradr

    ReplyDelete