Thursday, January 29, 2015

Kiss: 1979-01-29 Detroit,I (Pro Shot DVD)

Here's a show from Kiss that they played in Detroit, Michigan 38 years ago today.  This is an excellent video too.  Not being a huge Kiss collector or fan, even though I do like them, I'm not as familiar with their shows and only started collecting some over the last two years.

This is an excellent recording of an excellent show and I am uploading it "as is"."  That means I am uploading it as I make this post and I made no changes to the original file set I got.  I've added nothing and have taken nothing away from it.  This enables me to get the show uploading since it will take a while and at the same time work on this post and the posts for a number of other shows I'd like to post that historically occurred on January 29, 19XX.

If I have time and haven't already uploaded some of these shows, I plan on trying to get Led Zeppelin's 1975-01-29, Rory Gallagher's 1977-01-29, Pink Floyd's 1977-01-29, and Aerosmith's 1977-01-29 shows uploaded today too.  Man, there was a ton of rock 'n' roll concerts going on 38 years ago today as well as Led Zeppelin's show from 40 years ago today.  I'll definitely get the Zeppelin show up but I will decide what (if not all) other shows I can get uploaded today too as the day progresses.

LINEAGE:
3/4 inch master > ? > DVD-R > trade > DVD-R > DVD Decrypter > HDD > Dime > me > TLH (to test md5 file) > you

SHOW DETAILS:
Artist: Kiss
Date: January 29th, 1977
Location: Detroit, Michigan
Venue: Cobo Hall
Label: Kiss Media Archives
Title: Rock And Roll Over Cobo Hall 1977

Total Running Time: 54:57:034

DVD ATTRIBUTES:
Menu: Yes
Chapters: Yes

Source: Pro Shot
Artwork: Yes
DVD's: 1
DVD
DVD Size: 3.84 GB

VIDEO ATTRIBUTES:
Format: NTSC

Color/B&W: Color
Type: Pro Shot
Resolution: 704 x 480
Aspect: 4:3
Frame Rate: 29.97 fps
Bitrate: 9589 kbps
Codec: MPEG-2

AUDIO ATTRIBUTES:
Sample Rate: 48 kHz
Bitrate: 256 kbps
Codec: AC3
Channels: 2
Streams: 2 (1: Remaster Audio Track & 2: Original Audio Track)

SONGS/CHAPTERS::

01. backstage video
02. Detroit Rock City
03. Take Me
04. Let Me Go, Rock 'N' Roll
05. Ladies Room
06. Firehouse
07. Makin' Love
08. I Want You
09. Cold Gin
10. Do You Love Me?
11. Nothin' To Lose
12. God Of Thunder
13. Rock And Roll All Nite

LINKS:
(1) 1977-01-29 Detroit, MI (Pro Shot DVD)
(2) 1977-01-29 Detroit, MI (Pro Shot DVD)
(3) 1977-01-29 Detroit, MI (Pro Shot DVD)

(4) 1977-01-29 Detroit, MI (Pro Shot DVD)
(5) 1977-01-29 Detroit, MI (Pro Shot DVD)

One thing I like about this show from what I've watched so far is the mix.  The guitars really stand out it sounds like and I like a rockin' guitar sound.

The first audio stream is a remastered audio of the 2 channel Dolby Digital audio and the second audio stream is the original 2 channel Dolby Digital audio track from the video.  I think the remastered audio was what I was listening to and liked.  The switching between the two audio streams can be done via the DVD menu or via your DVD/Blu-Ray player remote control (in most cases).

This is obviously not the complete show I'd guess.  But it is a great portion of it at near an hour long.  And Detroit was a city Kiss was really big in too.  I'm surprised there is no "Detroit Rock City" played this night.  But for all I know, maybe that song had not been made yet?

I hope you enjoy the show...

Bootradr


SPECIAL NOTICE TO ALL!!!

THESE DOWNLOADS ARE FOR FREE ONLY!  NEVER BUY OR SELL ANY LEGALLY RECORDED BUT ILLEGAL TO SELL SHOWS LIKE THIS ONE.  THIS IS FOR FANS AND FUTURE FANS WHO WANT TO HEAR THE ARTIST'S MUSIC RAW & LIVE BUT NOT OFFICIALLY AVAILABLE OR RELEASED.

ALWAYS REMEMBER TO SUPPORT THE ARTISTS BY BUYING THEIR OFFICIALLY RELEASED MATERIAL TOO.

KEEP IT FREE, KEEP IT AVAILABLE, AND MOST OF ALL; KEEP IT LEGAL!!!

2 comments:

  1. You have made such a beautiful website. You must be happy; well done good Sir! Here is more info for your amazing Kiss 1977.01.29 video post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://www.kissmonster.com/tourdates/1977/1977-0129.php

    ReplyDelete