Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Led Zeppelin: 1973-01-27 Dundee, Scotland (FLAC_AUD Unknown Gen & SB 1st Gen_2 CD)

This Led Zeppelin show from 42 years ago today is an incomplete audience with partial soundboard recording of the show.  The audience portion sounds good and the soundboard portion sounds great.  So in other words, this show may appeal to those who like completeness over quality in sound.

I just realized that the first two tracks are likely backwards.  This is the way I got them, but "Rock and Roll" did not normally come after "Over The Hills and Far Away".  But the opposite order would be the normal 1973 setlist pattern.  And upon further research, I don't find anyone contradicting this order (even where they would normally do this).  So I'm leaving it as is.

After researching more, I realize this recording is the no label copy titled "Dundee-ism" also.  I had thought "Dundee-ism" was just the audience portion of the show but it is this recording in fact.

LINEAGE:
CD-R > EAC > WAV > FLAC >
me > TLH > WAV (to test for lossiness) > CD Wave (to split track 3 into two separate songs) > Audacity (to view waveform, embed metadata/track titles & info, and then to re-encode) > FLAC 8 > TLH (to check for SBE's and create and verify new ffp & md5 files) > you

DETAILS:
Artist: Led Zeppelin
Date: January 27th, 1973
Location: Dundee, Scotland
Venue: Caird Hall

Title: Dundee-ism

Label: None
Source: AUD/SB (Unknown Gen/1st Gen)
Format: FLAC
CD's: 2
Artwork: Yes (low resolution)
Size: 483 MB
Length: 83:45:35

SETLIST:

CD 1:
101. Rock And Roll
102. Over The Hills And Far Away
103. Black Dog
104. Misty Mountain Hop
105. Since I've Been Loving You
106. Dancing Days
107. Bron-Yr-Aur Stomp
118. The Song Remains The Same
109. The Rain Song

CD 2
201. Dazed And Confused
202. Stairway To Heaven
205. Whole Lotta Love
206. Heartbreaker


LINK:
(1) 1973-01-27 Dundee, Scotland (AUD & SB 1st Gen)


So far, only the last three songs from the show have surfaced on soundboard tapes.  And I'm not sure what the story is on why the audience recording is incomplete either.  The best sounding audience song is "The Rain Song" and it almost sounds as if it comes from another source to me.  But it may be that it is just a quieter song too and has less audio distortion.  And "Dazed and Confused" is cut very short at 4:05 in length.  Even the soundboard is sub par compared to most soundboards.  But it does sound decent and makes me wonder where the rest of it is.  I question the "1st Gen" claim on it, but who knows?

Thankfully, we do have these two recordings so we have some audible record of this concert.  While it isn't the very best in audio, it is not bad either.  The longest track is "Whole Lotta love" and it is almost complete and only missing the very beginning start to it.   It also contains the "Baby I Don't Care", "Let's Have A Party", "I Can't Quit You Baby", and even a tinge of "Ramble On" as well as other song improvisations in the medley.  It comes in at 25 minutes long but is missing a good mix because Page's guitar is not turned up as loud as the vocals or drums are.  The band does an excellent job of performing the songs and putting on the show.  I hope we get a great soundboard of this show some day because Plant's voice sounds spot on and perfect this night.

One last thing I wanted to mention is I split track 3 into two separate songs.  It had "Misty Mountain Hop" and "Since I've Been Loving You" as one single track for some unknown reason.

I hope you enjoy this show on its 42nd birthday...

Bootradr


SPECIAL NOTICE TO ALL!!!

THESE DOWNLOADS ARE FOR FREE ONLY!  NEVER BUY OR SELL ANY LEGALLY RECORDED BUT ILLEGAL TO SELL SHOWS LIKE THIS ONE.  THIS IS FOR FANS AND FUTURE FANS WHO WANT TO HEAR THE ARTIST'S MUSIC RAW & LIVE BUT NOT OFFICIALLY AVAILABLE OR RELEASED.

ALWAYS REMEMBER TO SUPPORT THE ARTISTS BY BUYING THEIR OFFICIALLY RELEASED MATERIAL TOO.

KEEP IT FREE, KEEP IT AVAILABLE, AND MOST OF ALL; KEEP IT LEGAL!!!



1 comment:

  1. Is there any possible way for a re-up of this show? I know the audience source is rough, but I'm a completionist and don't have this one. Thanks much!

    ReplyDelete