Saturday, January 31, 2015

Led Zeppelin: 1975-01-31 Detroit, MI (FLAC_AUD Source 2 1st Gen_2 CD)

This is another excellent sounding show and performance from Led Zeppelin 40 years ago today.

I am about to listen to this show again today because it's been too many years since I've heard it.  So I can't write up much of a review for it yet since I have never listened to this exact copy before other than via a PC speakers setup and still it wasn't the complete show I listened to.  I've heard the whole show a number of times through the years, but it has not been this exact copy I'm sharing today.  I am confident it sounds best though and will be jamming out on it very soon.

They still have "How Many More Times" in the setlist and they do keep "Black Dog" in the last songs, but they drop "Communication Breakdown" in this show.  They'd played both songs as the last two tracks in some of the previous recordings I've uploaded from their 1975 dates.

One thing I wanted to mention about this show is how excellent "No Quarter" is performed this night.  Page, with two broken fingers as Plant later talks about in the show, pulls off one of those "meed setting vibes" as does the rest of the band.  It has really somber feel to it with just an overall excellent performance I really like.

LINEAGE:
Master tape with unknown deck, mikes, and tape > 1st Gen. Maxell XLII 90 min. cassette copy >  Tascam 112 cassette deck > Soundforge (with pitch adjustment transferred to HD) > WAV > FLAC > aligned on sector boundaries >
me > TLH > WAV (to test for lossiness) > Audacity (to view waveform, embed metadata/track titles & info, and then to re-encode) > FLAC 8 > TLH (to double check for SBE's and create and verify new ffp & md5 files) > you

DETAILS:
Artist: Led Zeppelin
Date: January 31st, 1975
Location: Detroit, Michigan
Venue: Olympia Stadium

Title: Motor City Graffiti

Label: This And That Production
Source: AUD
Format: FLAC
CD's: 2
Artwork: Yes
Size: 772 MB
Length: 126:39:69

SETLIST:

CD 1:
101. Rock And Roll
102. Sick Again
103. Over The Hills And Far Away
104. In My Time Of Dying
105. The Song Remains The Same
106. The Rain Song
107. Kashmir
108. No Quarter

CD 2:
201. Trampled Underfoot
202. Moby Dick
203. How Many More Times
204. Stairway To Heaven
205. Whole Lotta Love
206. Black Dog


LINK:
(1) 1975-01-31 Detroit,MI (AUD Source 2, 1st Gen)


This first generation copy has more high frequencies present than the other copies I've listened too and it has no audio clipping either in the waveform.  I've only listened to this specific recording via PC Bose speakers so far, but I am burning it to disc now too and I will be listening to it via the home theater system soon and can make any additional updates here in this post (but not in my text file).

I haven't listened to the whole Detroit 1975-01-31 show in a long time on any label or generation copy either.  In fact, I spent about three hours last night tracking down my 1990's Jodak Gold CD-R trade copy.  I wanted to add it to the comparisons with the Immigrant, Cobra, and a few other label recordings to see which I thought sounded best.  Plus, I wanted to do an EAC rip of my old Kodak Gold CD-R's too and digitally back them up on a hard drive.  But in all of the time I spent looking and listening, this copy still remains the best sounding one I believe.

I hope you enjoy this show..

Bootradr


SPECIAL NOTICE TO ALL!!!

THESE DOWNLOADS ARE FOR FREE ONLY!  NEVER BUY OR SELL ANY LEGALLY RECORDED BUT ILLEGAL TO SELL SHOWS LIKE THIS ONE.  THIS IS FOR FANS AND FUTURE FANS WHO WANT TO HEAR THE ARTIST'S MUSIC RAW & LIVE BUT NOT OFFICIALLY AVAILABLE OR RELEASED.

ALWAYS REMEMBER TO SUPPORT THE ARTISTS BY BUYING THEIR OFFICIALLY RELEASED MATERIAL TOO.

KEEP IT FREE, KEEP IT AVAILABLE, AND MOST OF ALL; KEEP IT LEGAL!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment