Monday, August 24, 2015

Creedence Clearwater Revival: 1969-08-00 Chicago, IL (FLAC_AUD_1 CD)

As I started preparing this show I was under the impression it was played 46 years ago today in Chicago, Illinois.  But as I started researching it two dates seemed to be the most likely and there were no confirmations of a "for sure" date I could find for the show.

The likely dates for this show were 1969-08-24 and 1969-08-19.  These were the two most commonly reported dates.  Even the artwork, which is way too low in resolution to even use the front art, just had "August 1969" on it.  And from internet research it looks like CCR was at Woodstock on 1969-08-16.  So either of the two dates could easily be correct.

LINEAGE:
Unknown lineage > reel > M-Audio Transit > Cool Edit > CD Wave > FLAC >
me > TLH > WAV (to test for lossiness) > Audacity (to view waveform, embed metadata/track titles & info, and then to re-encode) > FLAC 8 > TLH (to check for SBE's and create and verify new ffp & md5 files) > you

DETAILS:
Artist: Creedence Clearwater Revival
Date: August 1969
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Venue: Auditorium Theatre

Title: Live At The Chicago Auditorium August 1969

Label: Real Rock Records
Source: AUD
Format: FLAC
CD's: 1
Artwork: Yes (front is such low resolution it's unusable)
Size: 260 MB
Length: 40:57:41

SETLIST:
01. Born On The Bayou
02. Green River

03. Ninety-Nine And A Half (Won't Do)
04. Bootleg
05. Commotion
06. Bad Moon Rising
07. Proud Mary
08. I Put A Spell On You
09. Night Time Is The Right Time
10. Keep On Chooglin'

LINK:
(1) 1969-08-00 Chicago, IL (AUD)

This recording is a good sounding one meaning it isn't great.  It starts off with a few tape stops or dropouts and then as it draws closer to the end of the show it does start to sound a little better.  It isn't distorted really but the audio is mono, it is far off sounding, and it isn't clean and clear.  To be honest, the only reason I was uploading this performance today was because I thought it was the anniversary of it.  The audio does not fall into the poor category.  But it sure doesn't fall into the great category either.  If you know the band's music, then you know the lyrics and songs.  Otherwise, if you want to really understand what is being said in most of this recording, you might want to start off with a better sounding CCR show and get use to the lyrics.  The waveform showed no clipping in the audio in this show.

There was really no information given on this file set.  Ironically, as I was looking for information on the web, I came across a front piece of artwork for this show but in super low resolution (16.5 kb).  The file set had the back artwork in low resolution (46.5 kb) form so I cropped the bad edges on the artwork from a bad job done prior to me getting it and put them together and they're in the download.  But you will really want to find at least the front artwork in a better resolution and file size if you plan to print it.  It is thumbnail size now.

I'm a big fan of CCR's music but in this case I probably will never burn this show to CD.  I doubt the lineage gets much better as far as sound goes.  I could be wrong, but I doubt it.  I'll have to upload some more excellent CCR shows soon for those of you that are fans too.

Don't let my bad review of the sound demean the quality of the performance.  And even though the sound is not great, a lot of people may still enjoy listening to this recorded moment in history.  It's cool to have it rather than not to and wish you could at least hear it.  I've got a number of poor sounding Led Zeppelin shows too.  I want them; I just don't want to listen to them too often.  But sometimes I do and I try to enjoy the experience too.

I hope you enjoy the show..
 
Bootradr


SPECIAL NOTICE TO ALL!!!

THESE DOWNLOADS ARE FOR FREE ONLY!  NEVER BUY OR SELL ANY LEGALLY RECORDED BUT ILLEGAL TO SELL SHOWS LIKE THIS ONE.  THIS IS FOR FANS AND FUTURE FANS WHO WANT TO HEAR THE ARTIST'S MUSIC RAW & LIVE BUT NOT OFFICIALLY AVAILABLE OR RELEASED.

ALWAYS REMEMBER TO SUPPORT THE ARTISTS BY BUYING THEIR OFFICIALLY RELEASED MATERIAL TOO.

KEEP IT FREE, KEEP IT AVAILABLE, AND MOST OF ALL; KEEP IT LEGAL!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment