Saturday, August 29, 2015

The Beatles: 1966-08-29 San Francisco, CA (FLAC_AUD Master Remaster_1 CD)

Well, since today is the 49th anniversary of this show and since I've never uploaded anything from The Beatles, here we go.  This is reported as a remaster of the master tape which Paul McCartney asked manager Tony Barrow to record.  I've had this show for years and I've been asked to upload some of The Beatles music too.  So this is the perfect time!

It seems it is very cold on this night in Candlestick Park due to some of the comments from the band.

LINEAGE:
Unknown Gen AUD analog tape received by KRW_Co in 1980's > CD-R > EAC > WAV > FLAC 8 >
me > TLH > WAV (to test for lossiness) > Audacity (to view waveform, embed metadata/track titles & info, and then to re-encode) > FLAC 8 > TLH (to check for SBE's and create and verify new ffp & md5 files) > you

DETAILS:
Artist: The Beatles
Date: August 29th, 1966
Location: San Francisco, California
Venue: Candlestick Park

Title: The Last Audio Hard Day's Night (Candlestick Park 1966)

Label: KRW_Co (sharing party/I see no label on artwork)
Source: AUD (Master Remaster)
Format: FLAC
CD's: 1
Artwork: Yes
Size: 161 MB
Length: 27:42:55

SETLIST:
01. Rock And Roll Music
02. She's A Woman

03. If I Needed Someone

04. Day Tripper
05. Baby's In Black
06. I Feel Fine
07. Yesterday
08.
I Wanna Be Her Man
09. Nowhere Man

10. Paperback Writer
11. Long Tall Sally


LINK:
(1) 1966-08-29 San Francisco, CA (AUD Master/Tony Barrow Recorded)

The audio is better than other The Beatles recordings of shows I've heard but I have no clue if it is considered to be a real good one or not.  Since I haven't collected a lot of The Beatles shows and most of what I have is studio outtakes, sessions, and the likes; I don't know a whole lot about what is out there or circulating.

The sound is great but it is not anything hi-fi or superb sounding really.  But imagine the equipment being used almost 50 years ago, take that into consideration, and I imagine this is an excellent recording of that time.

From what "KRW" (the sharing party) stated, Paul McCartney had handed manager Tony Barrow a tape recorder and asked him to record the Candlestick Park show before it began.  The tape was a 60 minute tape and it was never flipped so the show cuts off during "Long Tall Sally" because of that reason.  I don't know how much of the performance was not captured?  But I think The Beatles generally didn't do long concerts (maybe 40 - 45 minutes).  With the recording being right at 30 minutes, it may have been drawing towards the final third of the concert's setlist?  It's strange thinking Led Zeppelin's one song "Dazed and Confused" is longer than this recorded concert from The Beatles.

As for the audio, it sounds clean enough.  In fact listening to "Yesterday" right now I am really liking this recording more and more.  Like many recordings, it starts sounding better after the recording gets starts (a few songs in).  I've always loved "Yesterday" and "In My Life" from the band's catalog of music..  It just reminds me that people who may be bigger fans (and I love The Beatles too) than me may appreciate the recording even more than I do.

I imagine the tape recorder's built in microphone(s) was/were likely used too.  But who knows where Tony Barrow was standing also?  On the side of the stage maybe?  Front row maybe?  Well, maybe not front row because the stage was in the center of Candlestick Park and front row would have likely been the bleachers or seats a good ways back from the stage.  Who knows?

The audio sounds like it distorts a little in some parts but not horribly.  The lyrics, the band talking to the audience, and the instruments can all be heard perfectly.  I almost feel the Candlestick Park audience noise sounds like that fake audience you hear inserted on some of The Yardbirds and The Beatles recordings out there (official ones too).  But I can't say for sure.  Maybe it was added, maybe it's the real audience noise in between the songs where you hear it.  When there is heavier bass cords played that is when you get some distortion.  But again, it is not the overbearing kind that drowns out the rest of the music.

The waveform shows no audio clipping.  No details were given on the "HQ Remaster" the back artwork mentions.  But you can hear the songs and the artists pretty good and the recording is very listenable and a very cool piece of history I feel.  And for being one year short of half a century old, this show sounds very nice.

As I was just adding the lineage to this post I noticed "KRW" claims the tape he got in the 1980's was of unknown generation.  So maybe this isn't from a master copy after all?  But I'm leaving the post with what the rest of the information states and I already wrote.

I hope you enjoy this show from 49 years ago tonight...
 
Bootradr


SPECIAL NOTICE TO ALL!!!

THESE DOWNLOADS ARE FOR FREE ONLY!  NEVER BUY OR SELL ANY LEGALLY RECORDED BUT ILLEGAL TO SELL SHOWS LIKE THIS ONE.  THIS IS FOR FANS AND FUTURE FANS WHO WANT TO HEAR THE ARTIST'S MUSIC RAW & LIVE BUT NOT OFFICIALLY AVAILABLE OR RELEASED.

ALWAYS REMEMBER TO SUPPORT THE ARTISTS BY BUYING THEIR OFFICIALLY RELEASED MATERIAL TOO.

KEEP IT FREE, KEEP IT AVAILABLE, AND MOST OF ALL; KEEP IT LEGAL!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment