Saturday, September 12, 2015

Led Zeppelin: 1971-09-13 Berkeley, CA (FLAC_AUD_2 CD)

Tomorrow will be the 44th anniversary of the first night's Led Zeppelin concert in Berkeley, California in 1971.  They played on September 13th and September 14th, 1971 and we have some excellent documentation of it in the form of audio.

I've been listening to this copy I'm sharing today for the first time since I just recently got it.  And I love it!  I'm up to "Moby Dick" right now and the show sounds excellent.

I may start trying something new here.  Rather than upload each show on its anniversary, I may try to upload them a day before their anniversary.  This was I won't be posting a show at 11 PM at night and a day later in places in a different time zone (like London, Germany, etc).  It would make it easier for any of you that would like to listen to the various concerts on their anniversaries.  I'll give it a try, and at times, I know it won't happen.  Some days I don't even get the shows I have set aside to upload on their anniversaries done at all.  It'll likely be a mix of a day before and the day of the historic shows depending on my time schedule and capabilities.

LINEAGE:
No lineage given > FLAC >
me > TLH > WAV (to test for lossiness) > Audacity (to view waveform, embed metadata/track titles & info, and then to re-encode) > FLAC 8 > TLH (to check for SBE's and create and verify new ffp & md5 files) > you

DETAILS:
Artist: Led Zeppelin
Date: September 13th, 1971
Location: Berkeley, California
Venue: Berkeley Community Theatre

Title: Berkeley Daze 1st Night

Label: Godfather
Source: AUD
Format: FLAC
CD's: 2
Artwork: Yes (full scans in download)
Size: 715 MB
Length: 137:19:11

SETLIST:
CD 1:
101. Bill Graham band introduction

102. Immigrant Song
103. Heartbreaker
104. Since I've Been Loving You
105. Black Dog
106. Dazed And Confused
107. Stairway To Heaven
108. Celebration Day

CD 2:
201. That's The Way
202. Going To California
203. What Is And What Should Never Be
204. Moby Dick
205. Whole Lotta Love
206. Communication Breakdown

LIN K:
(1) 1971-09-13, Berkeley, CA (AUD/Godfather)

The sound ranges in this show from great to superb depending on the songs being played.  The recording starts off with Bill Graham introducing the band and then "Immigrant Song" starts jamming.  The sound at this point is not the best, but like in so many audience recorded shows, it gets better pretty fast.  I'm not sure if the taper moved himself to a different location in the venue or if the equipment needed some settings adjustments?  But it becomes an excellent and even superb sounding show.  The parts with a little more trouble and some distortion are the real heavy bass songs.  But even those are not badly distorted.

The waveform shows no audio clipping at all and the taper recorded the show without stopping the tape recorder between songs like some did in those days.  The parts of the show where tape flips occur are all in between songs and not during any songs.  Godfather used a fade out method in the audio and after the tape flip and a second of silence the show picks back up with no music loss.

I've only got three copies of this show mysteriously.  I had thought I had many more.  This copy was a recent share by "jesusmahdi" over on Dime and thanks goes to them for this one.  My first copy, Tarantura's 1995 Going To California II, I am doing an EAC rip on right now.  And the final copy I have is the master tape source which was taped by Bob Menke and mastered by "dadgad".  I uploaded the master tape copy last year and it can be found HERE!

"Whole Lotta Love" has a really cool sounding intro too in this show.  I've just finished listening to "Communication Breakdown" which is the last song and end of this Godfather copy of the show.  And it has been really groovy!

I hope you enjoy the show...
 
Bootradr


SPECIAL NOTICE TO ALL!!!

THESE DOWNLOADS ARE FOR FREE ONLY!  NEVER BUY OR SELL ANY LEGALLY RECORDED BUT ILLEGAL TO SELL SHOWS LIKE THIS ONE.  THIS IS FOR FANS AND FUTURE FANS WHO WANT TO HEAR THE ARTIST'S MUSIC RAW & LIVE BUT NOT OFFICIALLY AVAILABLE OR RELEASED.

ALWAYS REMEMBER TO SUPPORT THE ARTISTS BY BUYING THEIR OFFICIALLY RELEASED MATERIAL TOO.

KEEP IT FREE, KEEP IT AVAILABLE, AND MOST OF ALL; KEEP IT LEGAL!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment