Thursday, September 24, 2015

Led Zeppelin: 1971-09-23 Tokyo, Japan (FLAC_AUD Source 7 + Sources 1, 3, & 5 Mix_3 CD)

Yesterday was the 44th anniversary of this first concert ever in Japan by Led Zeppelin.  It was the band's first time playing in Japan and their opening night in Budokan Hall too.  Led Zeppelin only toured Japan twice in their career and that was in 1971 and 1972.  I really don't know why they only toured twice because Japan had a large number of Led Zeppelin fans.  But for some reason, this was how it happened.  They only toured through Australia and New Zealand one time, so I guess Japan was more fortunate than the Aussies.

I'm going to be uploading shows over the next day or three from my laptop and with limited resources as I am out of town now.  I have a very hard time seeing the laptop screen too due to my vision (or lack of it).  So my research and things I sometimes do when uploading shows from home will be at a minimal or nonexistent state until I am back home.

LINEAGE:
Watch Tower silver CD's > EAC > WAV > TLH > FLAC 7 > TLH > tested for SBE's > FLAC 8 > WAV > Adobe Audition 3.0 > TLH > FLAC 8 >
me > TLH > WAV (to test for lossiness and align sector boundaries) > Audacity (to view waveform, embed metadata/track titles & info, and then to re-encode) > FLAC 8 > TLH (to check for SBE's and create and verify new ffp & md5 files) > you

ORIGINAL NOTES (copy & paste):
"In commemoration of the 40th anniversary of the arrival of Led Zeppelin in Japan. I made my own remastered version of  "Led Zeppelin's Flying Rock Carnival 1971 Complete", the authorized edition of 1971-09-23, to remove cracking sounds and correct phase shifting and the loudness balance. Neither equalizing nor noise reduction was done."

DETAILS:
Artist: Led Zeppelin
Date: September 23rd, 1971
Location: Tokyo, Japan
Venue: Budokan Hall

Title: Flying Rock Carnival 1971 Complete

Label: Watch Tower (ThePetSounds Productions Remaster)
Source: AUD (Source 7 + Sources 1, 3, & 5 Mix)
Format: FLAC
CD's: 3
Artwork: Yes (full artwork & alternate artwork in download)
Size: 966 MB
Length: 149:36:27

SETLIST:
CD 1:

101. introduction (in Japanese)
102. Immigrant Song
103. Heartbreaker
104. Since I've Been Loving You
105. Black Dog
106. Dazed And Confused
107. Stairway To Heaven
108. Celebration Day

CD 2:
201. Bron-Y-Aur Stomp
202. Going To California
203. What Is And What Should Never Be
204. Moby Dick

CD 3:
301. Whole Lotta Love
302. Communication Breakdown

LINK:
(1) 1971-09-23 Tokyo, Japan (AUD Sources 7, 1, 3, & 5 Mix)

It's strange that the lineage shows testing for alignment of sector boundaries (SBE's tested), but there were a few SBE's needing fixing when I checked them.  I always mention in the lineage that I checked for SBE's at the end but that's just a formality and is something I do at the beginning and end of the projects before an upload.  It probably was something the person that did this remaster did early in the project but forgot to do after things were being wrapped up I am guessing.  I've made the same mistake myself before too.

I'm not sure who did this remaster because there is no mention of who did it in the original file on this set.  I believe it was "ThePetSounds Productions" which is listed on the text file  with "file under" next to it.  But I really don't know for sure?  Whoever did the work seems to have done a good job and the show sounds like a great-to-excellent recording overall.  And the waveform looked fine too with no audio clipping.

Source 7 from the recordings of this show is the primary and best sounding source used.  The recording has sources 1, 3, and 5 being used as patch sources to fill in the missing parts of the show not on the source 7 recording.

I listened to the whole 3 CD set yesterday as I was preparing to go out of town for a few days.  As I was packing and getting ready for the short trip, I had the concert turned up pretty loud and it sounded nice.  The show has some imperfections in it as well as some really nice and clean parts too.  But overall, and in comparison with a few other copies of this date I compared this copy too, I believe this was the best or at least one of the best copies from my initial checking.

I hope you enjoy the show...
 
Bootradr


SPECIAL NOTICE TO ALL!!!

THESE DOWNLOADS ARE FOR FREE ONLY!  NEVER BUY OR SELL ANY LEGALLY RECORDED BUT ILLEGAL TO SELL SHOWS LIKE THIS ONE.  THIS IS FOR FANS AND FUTURE FANS WHO WANT TO HEAR THE ARTIST'S MUSIC RAW & LIVE BUT NOT OFFICIALLY AVAILABLE OR RELEASED.

ALWAYS REMEMBER TO SUPPORT THE ARTISTS BY BUYING THEIR OFFICIALLY RELEASED MATERIAL TOO.

KEEP IT FREE, KEEP IT AVAILABLE, AND MOST OF ALL; KEEP IT LEGAL!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment