Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Led Zeppelin: 1969-10-12 London, Enlgand (DVD-A_AUD Master or Low Gen_48 kHz/LPCM_1 DVD-A)

This is a show I have only had one copy of really.  I thought I had two copies, but after finding my first CD trade day copy, I realized it was the same exact Totonka Records copy I also had on my external drive.  But the old copy is no comparison to this DVD-A (audio DVD) copy of the master tape.  It is much brighter, cleaner, and it's not over processed or distorted like the older copy I've had.

Two days ago was the 46th anniversary of this show and I had wanted to upload it then.  But since I had other plans and things I needed to get done, I did not get the time to upload the show then.  So I am uploading it early this morning.

Some people have problems playing real DVD-A discs.  But this is not an DVD audio but an audio DVD (not real scientific descriptions but the way many describe the two types).  This show will burn and play just like any other standard DVD would and it should play on all players.  It is still classified as a DVD-A, but in this case the audio is embedded in the VOB (video) files and is not a separate file type or set of files inside of the AUDIO_TS folder.  If you don't understand this or it makes no sense right now to you, don't worry about it.  As long as you know how to burn a DVD (it is very, very simple) you can burn this and listen on any DVD player.

LINEAGE:
Master > 48 kHz DAT > Audio DVD > me > TLH (to create a new md5 file) > you

NOTES (Presence copy & paste notes):
The lineage is in question, but is definitely a low generation.  Other circulating copies and bootleg releases show significant and very clever tinkering.  Some examples are the removal of an audience member commenting "Good Times, Bad Times" during its use as a lead-in, and a fake ending added to How Many More Times.  You can have a good read about what I and others discovered here:

http://www.royal-orleans.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=21427


DETAILS:
Artist: Led Zeppelin
Date: October 12th, 1969
Location: London, England
Venue: Lyceum Ballroom
Source: AUD (Master or Low Gen. 48/16)
Format: DVD-A
DVD's: 1
Artwork: Yes (may not be the right artwork but it is a match)
Label: Presence
Title: None

DVD ATTRIBUTES:
Menus: No
Chapters: Yes
Slideshow: No
Size: 769 MB
Length: 59:23

VIDEO:
Format: NTSC
Resolution: 720 x 480
Aspect: 4:3
Frame Rate: 29.97 fps
Bitrate: 8000 kbps
Codec: MPEG-2

AUDIO:
Sample Rate: 48 kHz
Bitrate: 1536 kbps (16 Bit)
Codec: LPCM
Channels: 2
Streams: 1

SETLIST/CHAPTERS:
01. Communication Breakdown
02. I Can't Quit You Baby
03. Heartbreaker
04. You Shook Me
05. What Is And What Should Never Be
06. Dazed And Confused
07. How Many More Times

LINKS:
(1) 1969-10-12 London, England (Master DVD-A)

This DVD-A is a project made by "Presence" from the master tape of the show.  He did not add any slideshow images or video to the project so what he did do is produce a higher sample and bit rate audio project with higher quality audio.

I've been collecting a lot of higher quality audio and DVD-A projects over the years as well as I record my shows in the 96 kHz/24 bit audio too.  The purpose if for making some future DVD-A projects.  I've tried using a program called lplex but I either don't understand it, I don't have the full program, or something else is going on in this old DOS based looking program.  Sooner or later I'll either learn the program or get one that does work.  It's not a high priority but it is one I want to learn to do correctly where I can make some nice, high audio and image/video quality projects.

I haven't talked much about the show being uploaded yet.  The audio ranges from great-to-excellent.  But it blows away the Totonka label copy on CD that I mentioned earlier.  The audio definitely has it's issues and is not without faults.  But it is a huge upgrade to any copy (or the copy) I've heard.  Just hearing what Plant is saying, Jimmy Page's guitar playing, and the more even mix and high end frequencies present makes this an easy to listen to show unlike the Totonka label copy.

I love the sound in this recording myself.  There is very little tape hiss too.  And the band is playing very well on this night in London too.  It is a classic 1969 performance that is nothing short of perfect.  And the audience is really quiet too.  Even in between songs it is not near as loud as it was when the band played in America.  So there really is no audience interference in the recording for the most part.

There are some short tape stops in the show that seem to primarily be between songs.  The first one interfering with any music is near the end of "You Shook Me" (more or less 20 minutes into the show).  I do not think this was a tape flip but I do not know what the reason is.  "Dazed and Confused" is sounding excellent and has some unique musical moments in it on this night.  The final track in the recording, "How Many More Times", is obviously an encore song and the audio quality drops a little at the beginning of it.  But after the band starts playing it and before they move towards the non studio and jam parts in it the sound regains its earlier qualities.  "Ho0w many More Times" is unfortunately cut a little short.  The tapers sounds like he tries to stop and start the tape a few (maybe two or three) times in the last 30 seconds of the audio.  The taper obviously had a 60 minute tape I guess and did not have enough tape to record the whole show.  I wonder what Led Zeppelin played after "How Many More Times"?  You know "Communication Breakdown" was likely in there as well as a few other staples of the Led Zeppelin 1969 concerts.

I hope you enjoy the show...

Bootradr

SPECIAL NOTICE TO ALL!!!

THESE DOWNLOADS ARE FOR FREE ONLY!  NEVER BUY OR SELL ANY LEGALLY RECORDED BUT ILLEGAL TO SELL SHOWS LIKE THIS ONE.  THIS IS FOR FANS AND FUTURE FANS WHO WANT TO HEAR THE ARTIST'S MUSIC RAW & LIVE BUT NOT OFFICIALLY AVAILABLE OR RELEASED.

ALWAYS REMEMBER TO SUPPORT THE ARTISTS BY BUYING THEIR OFFICIALLY RELEASED MATERIAL & MERCHANDISE TOO.

KEEP IT FREE, KEEP IT AVAILABLE, AND MOST OF ALL; KEEP IT LEGAL!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment