Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Queen: 1978-12-01 Toronto, Ontario, Canada (FLAC_AUD 1st Gen_2 CD)

Today is the 37th anniversary of this killer Queen show in Montreal.  I'm not going to take a lot of time and write up a bunch of stuff on this one tonight.  I've never heard the full show, I've only sampled it, and I don't have a lot of time to spend on making the post tonight.

My initial sampling of the show told me it is an excellent-to-superb sounding recording.  I really think the whole recording is likely this way too but since I have not heard the show yet I cannot say for sure.

LINEAGE:
1st Gen cassette > CD-R > EAC > WAV > TLH > FLAC >
me > TLH > WAV (to test for lossiness) > Audacity (to view waveform, embed metadata/track titles & info, and then to re-encode) > FLAC 8 > TLH (to check for SBE's and create and verify new ffp & md5 files) > you

DETAILS:
Artist: Queen
Date: December 1st, 1978
Location: Montreal,, Quebec, Canada
Venue: Montreal Forum

Title: None

Label: yono66 (from the collection of)
Source: AUD (1st Gen)
Format: FLAC
CD's: 2
Artwork: No
Size: 747 MB
Length: 117:58:35

SETLIST:

CD 1:

101. intro
102. We Will Rock You (fast version)
103. Let Me Entertain You
104. Somebody To Love
105. If You Can't Beat 'Em
106. Death On Two Legs
107. Killer Queen
108. Bicycle Race
109. I'm In Love With My Car
110. Get Down,, Make Love
111. You're My Best Friend
112. Now I'm Here
113. Spread Your Wings

CD 2:
201. Dreamer's Ball
202. Love Of My Life
203. '39
204. It's Late
205. Brighton Rock
206. Fat Bottom Girls
207. Keep Yourself Alive
208. Bohemian Rhapsody
209. Tie Your Mother Down
210. Sheer Heart Attack
211. We Will Rock You
212. We Are The Champions
213. God Save The Queen

LIN KS:
(1) 1978-12-01 Montreal, Quebec, Canada (AUD 1st Gen)

I really like this era of Queen and the songs they played between 1973 and about 1979 especially.  They rocked and Brian May played his heart out on his guitar.  They would have been a great band to have seen but I never got a chance unfortunately.

There is some very light clipping in the waveform of a few songs but it is nothing bad at all.  The audio looked fine and there was no heavy clipping anywhere.

I like to make sure I am spelling song titles and other things correctly when I add them to a post.  But tonight, other than a few I know were incorrect, I'm adding the song titles as they were on the info sheet I had for this show.  This is a recent share (a month or two ago) on Dime and I know the audio comes from the collection of "yono66".  Other than that, I cannot tell you much more.

The one thing that sticks out to me in this recording is the even mix and how well the full frequency spectrum is present in the audio.  The lows and high are perfectly balanced and it sounds like this is a soundboard much of the time.  Whoever the taper was had great seats for this show.  The recording has great stereo separation too.

Alright, I'm done talking and I'm uploading the show.  You won't be disappointed if you're a Queen fan by the sound in this recording or the performance from what I've heard as I prepared this post!

I hope you enjoy the show...
 
Bootradr


SPECIAL NOTICE TO ALL!!!

THESE DOWNLOADS ARE FOR FREE ONLY!  NEVER BUY OR SELL ANY LEGALLY RECORDED BUT ILLEGAL TO SELL SHOWS LIKE THIS ONE.  THIS IS FOR FANS AND FUTURE FANS WHO WANT TO HEAR THE ARTIST'S MUSIC RAW & LIVE BUT NOT OFFICIALLY AVAILABLE OR RELEASED.

ALWAYS REMEMBER TO SUPPORT THE ARTISTS BY BUYING THEIR OFFICIALLY RELEASED MATERIAL TOO.

KEEP IT FREE, KEEP IT AVAILABLE, AND MOST OF ALL; KEEP IT LEGAL!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment