Saturday, May 7, 2016

Rush: 1994-05-07 Toronto, Ontario, Canada (FLAC_SB Remaster_2 CD)

Today is the 22nd anniversary of this excellent-to-superb sounding Rush concert in Toronto.  I got my first copy of this show on silver CD's in the late 1990's in the Animated released title.  This is the same titled source and it was remastered by "leegeddy".

As far as the remaster goes here, it seems to not be an audio remaster by EQ'ing the show.  The audio sounds just the same as my silver CD's.  It looks like the show was just tracked differently and some clicks/pops were removed from what is mentioned.  As far as the clicks/pops go, I'm not sure where they were located on the original Animated discs release because I have not noticed them on my copy.  I'm not saying they may not be there also...I just haven't noticed them.

LINEAGE:
"Animated" silver pressed CD's > EAC V0.95 prebeta 4 (Secure Mode) > Cool Edit Pro 1.2a > CD Wave > Remaster > SHN (mkwAct) > me > TLH > WAV (to test for lossiness and align sector boundaries) > Audacity (to view waveform, embed metadata/track titles & info, and then to re-encode) > FLAC 8 > TLH (to check for SBE's and create and verify new ffp & md5 files) > you

DETAILS:
Artist: Rush
Date: May 7th, 1994
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Venue: Maple Leaf Gardens
Title: Animated - Remaster

Label: None
Source: SB (Remaster)
Format: FLAC
CD's: 2
Artwork: Yes
Size: 647 MB
Length: 119:09:09


SETLIST:

CD 1:
101. Dreamline
102. The Spirit Of Radio

103. The Analog Kid
104. Cold Fire

105. Time Stands Still
106. Nobody's Hero
107. Roll The Bones
108. Animate
109. Stick It Out
110. Double Agent
111. Limelight

CD 2:
201. Bravado

202. Mystic Rhythms
203. Closer To The Heart
204. Show Don't Tell
205. Leave That Thing Alone
206. The Rhythm Method
207. The Trees
208. Xanadu
209. Hemispheres: Prelude
210. Tom Sawyer


LINK:
(1) 1994-05-07 Toronto, Canada (SB/Remaster)

The waveform looks perfect and has no audio clipping or other issues I can see.  And the sound of this show is really enjoyable as well.  This, to me, is really a superb recording of a Rush Counterparts tour.  But there are still better recordings from the tour so I will rate it as an excellent-to-superb only because I know there are a few better sounding recordings.  The show has a very nice mix and all three members and their instruments can be heard evenly.

On my silver discs copy of the show the first two tracks are (1) "intro" and (2) "(The) Spirit of Radio".  But here in the remaster the tracks were joined together to form one track.  The second difference is on the remastered copy the "Country Music" part the band did on this tour is not its own track and it is merged with "Cold Fire" to form one track.

The more I examine things while comparing my original copy with this remastered copy I do see there has been some amplification added as well to the remaster.  And this was done right too.  The waveform for the original copy shows no audio clipping either but it looks like some amplification was needed anyhow to bring up the audio a little.  The remaster was done very well and I see no visible errors at all in it.

The sector boundary errors I fixed were not any that would have made any difference if you had burned the FLAC files to disc without aligning the boundaries.  The errors were in the last track on each disc.  This location (final track of a disc) reportedly does not cause issues when located there.  But rather than chance it, and just because I like to make everything as perfect as I can, I went ahead and used Trader's Little Helper to fix them as I always do.

As usual, I am listening to the show now as I am preparing the upload.  Until earlier this morning (hours ago), I had not listened to this show in at least two or three years.  And this Rush Counterparts album tour was one of my favorite "newer era" Rush tours.  I remember buying the CD around 1995/1996 and really liking the songs.  I played it everywhere I drove, went, etc.  Not everybody around me liked it (at least they didn't act like they did) but that never phased me any.  A number of the songs from this album (or CD) touched home with me at the time.  I really thought "Cold Fire" was one such song.  Hard to believe that/she was 20 years ago now!

Any Rush fan should really enjoy this show and recording I am sure!

I hope you enjoy the show...

Bootradr


SPECIAL NOTICE TO ALL!!!

THESE DOWNLOADS ARE FOR FREE ONLY!  NEVER BUY OR SELL ANY LEGALLY RECORDED BUT ILLEGAL TO SELL SHOWS LIKE THIS ONE.  THIS IS FOR FANS AND FUTURE FANS WHO WANT TO HEAR THE ARTIST'S MUSIC RAW & LIVE BUT NOT OFFICIALLY AVAILABLE OR RELEASED.

ALWAYS REMEMBER TO SUPPORT THE ARTISTS BY BUYING THEIR OFFICIALLY RELEASED MATERIAL TOO.

KEEP IT FREE, KEEP IT AVAILABLE, AND MOST OF ALL; KEEP IT LEGAL!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment